Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spain

Spain

We've been lucky enough to have a weeks holiday in Spain.Took a lot of scrimping and scraping over the year to get the money together but we did it.
    We booked through Thompsons and stayed at the Golden Taurus park hotel Pineda.It was brilliant and mobility friendly.From checking in at Manchester thing could'nt have gone better.We had booked wheelchair assistance and because we had a 16 year old lad with us we did'nt need anyone to push the chair.We went through to wait to be called to board and wheelchairs and people needing assistance boarded first.The flight was good and we had the first row seats so plenty of leg room.When we got to Girona we were last off and had to use the ambi lift but again not a problem there was a porter (if thats the right word for them) to push OH chair and waited to get our luggage and took us straight to the bus .He waited to make sure we were on safley and settled.

We arrived at the hotel we saw STEPS and thought oh bugger this will be difficult but no there was a ramp and the side so no problem at all.Infact at every set of steps there was a ramp.There are 6 lifts in the hotel and there was no long wait for them to arrive at your floor.
    The bedrooms were spacious as was the bathroom but and it's a big but the shower was over the bath so if you have problems lifting your legs a shower was a no no.If we had thought we should of booked a disabled room.

There was plenty of room in the dining room for wheel chairs to get round but again if you have problems the staff will help you get your food.

The entertainment was brilliant and the animation team worked there socks off all day.There was plenty going on all day for kids from 2 to 82 if you wanted it.At night entertainment for the kids started about 7-7.30 then about 9 it was for older children and at 10 the show started.

If anyone wants family orrientated holiday then this is the place to go.

PS I have done this off my own back and neither Thompsons or the hotel asked me to write a report.
    I just thought oif anyone need a wheelchair and family friendly they might be interested.

Great information, thank you. I hope you enjoyed a well earned holiday.

Account removed
    I'd love to go on holiday my wife will not fly so I'm stuck to local or trains to France.

Account removed
    I tried that she does not like water either. We are going on a train holiday across France I have not told her about the long tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by treborc View Post
    I tried that she does not like water either. We are going on a train holiday across France I have not told her about the long tunnel.
    Can either of you drive and if so can you both cope with 2-3 hour drive then rest for a bit, if so it's a nice drive through france to the south of france or as we do, drive down to costa blanca in spain. I will happily give you any advice on it and the routes if you would be interested. The tunnel only takes 30 minutes any by the time you have had a cuppa (from a flask) and a snack you will be in france.

Me and my partner have decided on Spain for our birthday next year. Can't wait! Heard really goodthings :-)

When we were both younger fit and able and working we went to Yugoslavia(sp) as it was then known by coach.It was the cheapest way for us to take 3 kids.It was a long long journey.We then had a holiday at Barry island and really could'nt fault that OH drove there then for the next 3 years we had coach holidays to Spain and we enjoyed them,i was still working then.Yes the journey was long but it was all we could afford.We booked through a company called Cantabrica and they were brilliant.So if you don't like flying maybe a coach holiday would suit.

I think me & my partner will be going by coach as I'm absolutely petrified of flying(last time it caused me to become partially deaf. I'd like to keep my remaining ability to hear things!)

My dad was a long distance driver so we used to go on road trips all over europe. Loved it!

I have enjoyed many road trips through Europe, driving to France and Spain. I usually like to pull off the motorway in France and find a village to have a coffee and chat with the locals = really good for improving your french

Thank you for sharing your holiday experience with us all.

It sounds so lovely I just had a look at where you went and I am thinking of booking for myself next year.
    My only problem is the flying, I don't think I would be able to manage it tbh, I am not in a wheelchair, does anyone know if similar help is available when flying ie, leg room, for the disabled but not wheelchair bound?