Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stressed..

Angry Stressed..

I am now apparently at the end of my work programme, so have to go to the job centre for a 'post work programme support appointment'

However, it's not at a convenient time..My mother accompanies me everywhere(I do not leave the house on my own) and she is at work at that time and it's too short notice to change her shift..

I've been told that I can't change my appointment under ANY circumstances, even after speaking to the manager. I said I would happily come in at any other time as my mother is off work from the Tuesday-Friday...but NO, they are sticking to the Monday, when she can't come with me and I have nobody else who can go with me....surely this is wrong?? I gave them a weeks notice(I received the letter this morning(14th sept, in case anyone is reading this on the sunday) but it wasn't good enough.

So now i'm in a panic about it...great.

Any help? I'm pretty sure this is classified as bullying..especially since I asked if the person who I'm seeing is a disability advisor and they said no.

Can you speak to your Personal Advisor at the JC-? I am sure she would not allow you to be treated in this way.

Am I right in thinking then that you are in WRAG? Sorry I know you will probably have mentioned this in another post.

Yes honey, this is bullying! Do not allow it. If it were me, I would telephone this Manager and simply inform her/him that I will not be attending on the day/time she/he set because it is not convenient and put the phone down without giving time for a response. I would also let my PA know what I have done. Nothing is insurmountable, no-one in a managerial position is unable to rearrange an appointment.

Power gone crazy, you are the one who has a disability and they should work around that.

Others may disagree, however, I go on the offensive, and not defensive.

Stick up for yourself and don't allow this person to bully you - he/she can't do anything about it, get your PA on side.

Good luck hon and find your inner strength to stand up to them!

Yes, i'm in WRAG. This will be my first appointment at the JCP, so I have no idea who my advisor is. I asked to speak to the person that will be conducting my appointment and she wouldn't budge. I then spoke to the manager who said I WILL be sanctioned if I don't have a valid reason, which mine wasn't, apparently. Not only that, the manager said it was strange that somebody would be coming with me as the jcp gets very busy. I again explained my SAD, agoraphobia and depression, and that I have not left the house alone for 12 years(since I was 13.)

I've had 3 panic attacks and a near asthma attack today just thinking about it.

Don't worry hon, I truly believe you have a very valid reason. Just ensure you inform the JC so it is on computer record, and simply do not turn up. Await a further appointment.

How dare they put someone through this anxiety. Get a GP note if you have to, in fact it is probably a very good idea.

Account removed
    I've got to say this is the first time I have heard of that, when I phoned up saying I would be unable to come in they asked me to tell them when I could make it.

I would phone your MP and have a word these people are expected to work with us not against us.

I phoned them back this morning, told them I'd go to the local newspaper &the mp.

Magically, they, out of goodwill(!!!!!) will change it just this once.

Give yourself a pat on the back FA for making the call. I know you wouldn't have found it easy. So relax now and let go of the anxiety. Good job!

Indeed..Can't wait for it to be over and done with now!

Although I'm not looking forward to going to the JCP...my local one gets EXTREMELY busy as it's in a..not very motivated area when it comes to getting a job.

Thanks for all the advice

Good for you flowerangels. People need to stand up to them. I personally have no contact with them( in the support group ) but they had my niece in tears one day and we reported them to the manager. Sanction, sanction sanction. is their threat all the time. I also suffer from asthma and panic attacks, which is really frightening at times. Good Luck

Thank you

One of the people I spoke to was the manager and I'm considering making a complaint about both the manager and my so-called advisor.