Thread: Accident Claim

Accident Claim

Hi im abit confused about how mobility accident claims work, i hit a post and damaged my car i rang RSA and reported it and was told i could either pay the 75 and get it fixed or leave the damage and when its time give the car back no questions asked.
    Mobility said this is a new way off doing it now, has anyone on here heard about it?
    Mich

Quote Originally Posted by mich67 View Post
    Hi im abit confused about how mobility accident claims work, i hit a post and damaged my car i rang RSA and reported it and was told i could either pay the 75 and get it fixed or leave the damage and when its time give the car back no questions asked.
    Mobility said this is a new way off doing it now, has anyone on here heard about it?
    Mich
    The way it works.
    You hit a lamppost and damaged your car. You only pay the 75 to the accident repair shop when they have mended your car.

If you hit the lamppost and basically scuffed the paint work then this might be considered just fair wear and tear.

Be careful not to report every minor damage to your car as RSA will keep a record and if you make more tan three claims in three years they might consider you a bad risk and not allow you to replace your car after three years.

Sometimes it's just as cheap to ask a sole trading car painting man to retouch the paintwork and slip him 50 - saves all the bother and prevents you getting a black mark against your name.

Account removed
    It depends on the damage, I saw my mate who said I bumped into a lamp post Rob what do you think, I went to have a lot the car side bumper was hanging off and the panel was pushed into the wheel, he said is that fair wear and tear, I said yes if the inspector is blind.

It cost 4500 to put it right they even had to look at the frame of the car and he said well you do not know what is fair wear and tear, I said it's not that.

You can take the car back to the garage and ask them what they think since they will not be doing the repairs they will tell you.

As already been said check first to see if you should have reported it, because if the insurance think that your having to Many small bumps and bangs they can put an excess on you or worse ban you from having insurance.

Thankyou both for your replies, i had too report it as there is alot off damage i think at some point the back door will have to be replaced and the wheel arch is dented aswell i suppose i will have to just wait and see what the outcome will be.

Quote Originally Posted by mich67 View Post
    Thankyou both for your replies, i had too report it as there is alot off damage i think at some point the back door will have to be replaced and the wheel arch is dented aswell i suppose i will have to just wait and see what the outcome will be.
    Your car damage sounds like mine only I had a car pull out of a side road and hit my rear offside.

There was over 2,500 worth of damage as I needed a new door, wheel and they cut the back quarter of the car away. I'm not on the Motability scheme so had to pay 250 excess - hoping to get that bac through my solicitors before xmas.

My car was still drivable. If I were you I'd book it in for repair and get a courtesy car free from motability.

TIP Get the repair shop to look at the car and order the parts as that can take up to a week. Once the parts are in drop your car off. It'll take about three weeks to cut out, repair, respray and quality check. Only when you pick the car up do they ask for the excess.

Here's how my car looked.

car damage.jpeg

Account removed
    Well my own feeling is not to leave it until you take it back, this damage sounds very major and your likely to be pulled over by the police if they think your driving maybe affected. It's better to pay the excess get the car back to new so when you take it back the garage can just drive it away. Your going to have to pay the excess I suspect anyway because the damage is going to be done on your insurance either way.

So better to have a nice looking car.

yes i was told the same look what hapend to me
    poppy1

Quote Originally Posted by poppy1 View Post
    yes i was told the same look what hapend to me
    poppy1
    You need to re-write your other post as no-one can understand what you're trying to say, only then will you probably get help with your problems.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs