Thread: Housing benefit help!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gretie24

Housing benefit help!!!

Hello. I've recently recieved a letter from the housing benefit department saying that they are reviewing out benefit claim and want 2 month worth of my partners payslips, and 2 months worth of all bank statements. The problem is as I was gathering all this information I realised that my partner has been working on a Saturday morning occasionally as overtime, I didn't even think about this before and now am worried I will get into trouble for not telling them. I know it will result in having to pay back an overpayment, hopefully over time as I don't have any savings. Will they take it any further or just realise it was an unintentional accident? Also when I send in the payslips shall I just let them realise the mistake or shall I include a letter saying that I've only just realised? I'm sooo worried about all this, someone please help.

Write to them explaining the oversight, and then also put the ball in their court by asking how to go about declaring the occasional overtime. Do emphasize it's not a permanent increase in hours then finish off by saying you realise after sorting the bank statements you need to refund some overpayment back to them.

Account removed
    For god sake write nothing at this moment go down to Shelter and get them to go through your claim, they have a legal team who will help you.

If you do not have a local shelter all this name means it's a charity which deals with housing matters of all kinds and benefits for housing, they would then write to your council using their own advisers and solicitors.

If you do not have a Shelter then go to the CAB.

For god sake do not say anything this may be just a review and nothing more you write in and say sorry but we did this or this and it will set off a full blown investigation.

get advice from the people who can help.