Thread: Information on Disability banding!!

Information on Disability banding!!

Hello .. i have a disability .. and have done nothing sports like for a good 8 yrs .. now i'm looking for a Football team to join and am finding it difficult because i don't see my disability . ..

Before i was 8 i had perthes disease in my right hip .. went through traction and the leg lengthening thing and was sorted .. then i got it my left hip(perthes disease) and coz i was 12/13 .. they had no choice but to fuse my left hip so it couldn't bend or move so i wouldn't be in pain .. so i have grown since and my left leg is significantly shorter then my right and still fused and im 35 at the end of the month . ..

Sooo what class/band do i fall into? Any info you can provide would be of great help

Account removed
    I'm a disability coach and because I cannot see you or actually see how you move your going to have to be accessed and you may end up if your leg is stiff and will not bend from the hip maybe playing with people who have lower leg loss or maybe full leg loss.

These players run using one or two crutches, but for me as a coach I'd need to see your running. You would without doubt be placed into a team which fits in with your disability and ability.

I see you come from Manchester your local disability football contact will be the councils disability sports officer. Or why not go along to Manchester United or Manchester city both teams have disability sports and coaching football, you will then be seen and will then be accessed to see which group you will go in.

http://www.mufoundation.org/en/Footb...-Football.aspx

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/city-in-t...ootball-league

All football league clubs have foundation and pan disability football teams, so have the premier league clubs.

The council of Manchester will have a coaching officer for football his contact are....For further details contact the Disability Sport Development Team on 0161 220 3856 or email disabilitysport@manchester.gov.uk.

I'm sorry I cannot give you more advice in which group you would be placed in, but I would want to see you kicking a ball or running.

Excellent info and advice form Trebor

Hello sorry for the delay replying

Thank you for the info is it really just as simple as that just get assessed and that's it :0
    Also I use 1 crutch for distance but I can run without it prob have a good 20 min in me till my fitness improves. ..

I will use the links provided and update you as to what has happened ..

Thanks again . ..

I just checked Manu/Manc read through the details but there is no mention of adults playing I am new to all this and am feeling a bit wounded as im not seeing anything that is related to my age/disability this was suggested as a good idea to meet like minded people and to keep fit ....

Account removed
    Then you need to get hold of your council disability officer these are the contacts for all the sports clubs within the area, you would come under the Pan disability.

http://www.disabilityfootball.co.uk/Manchestersd.html

http://www.mufoundation.org/en/Footb...-Football.aspx

I phoned Manchester United the chap said they are still looking for Pan disability players, and young people to take on coaching and they meet on a Tuesday.

In my area of wales we have no pan disability football at all, this is due to the non funding of these sports by government, but the bigger clubs are given money by the sport foundation.

I'm sure if you phone the council sport development officer they will know of some teams.

But the top football club will have somebody available to help. MUFC meet every Tuesday for adults.

Ok I will ring them up and see what the crack is and will keep you informed this again