Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: panic has set in

panic has set in

I have a d l a tribunal on wed have to go on my own as was told the cab are a volunteer service and are inundated for requests for help and rely solely on volunteers
    so i am off on my own with no help at all have read through the atos report and my gp put down as pass/don't know on the form which he had to fill in about my day to day living and changes to my health I could not get to see him before the form arrived so saw the locum I took a sheet of paper with me with all my symptoms on he read through it said I take it from this your feeling crap then how can I help you today I said iwanted the doc to understand how the things I have going on effect me day to day(no thyroid bowel prolapse bladder problems austio arthritis in knees and hands other auto immune problems he said most of that is covered by consultants so I cant help you gave me the sheet back that's it I said can someone make a note for my records he said I have said its all covered thanks I left feel let down stressed my walking is effected as I have knee problems and a balance problem which is worse when I am stressed read all kinds of things on the intetnet that have given me sleepless nights for nearly a week have to drive there on my own as have no one to go with me feel like not going and struggling on

putouttoseed
    Quote Originally Posted by jas raven View Post
    I have a d l a tribunal on wed have to go on my own as was told the cab are a volunteer service and are inundated for requests for help and rely solely on volunteers
    so i am off on my own with no help at all have read through the atos report and my gp put down as pass/don't know on the form which he had to fill in about my day to day living and changes to my health I could not get to see him before the form arrived so saw the locum I took a sheet of paper with me with all my symptoms on he read through it said I take it from this your feeling crap then how can I help you today I said iwanted the doc to understand how the things I have going on effect me day to day(no thyroid bowel prolapse bladder problems austio arthritis in knees and hands other auto immune problems he said most of that is covered by consultants so I cant help you gave me the sheet back that's it I said can someone make a note for my records he said I have said its all covered thanks I left feel let down stressed my walking is effected as I have knee problems and a balance problem which is worse when I am stressed read all kinds of things on the intetnet that have given me sleepless nights for nearly a week have to drive there on my own as have no one to go with me feel like not going and struggling on
    Where are the consultant's reports that are sent to your GP of which you should also receive a copy?

Surely with that level of disability your GP and yourself would have discussed your quality of life issues on a regular basis?

Hi Jas, firstly please don't panic!!!
    When I had to attend a tribunal for my DLA appeal, the panel included a judge, a doctor and a disability advisor.
    Speak clearly, answer their questions honestly.
    I even told them I had been to Barbados for a week, 8 months after losing my husband suddenly, because it would have been his 50th birthday and we had planned a special holiday.
    The flight was dreadful and I felt very sick but the holiday did me good!!!
    I think they appreciated my honesty, frankly, but I had gone to the appeal in the frame of mind that " if they don't think I am entitled to
    DLA" then I will accept their decision.
    I had hoped to be accepted for low rate mobility, but they awarded me medium rate care too, which I hadn't applied for originally.
    I too suffer with recurring dizziness, and now Osteoarthritis in both hips, knee, hands, shoulders and lower spine.
    If you explain everything to them, how it affects you on a day to day basis, how your dizzy spells can cause you to be unsteady on your feet, feel nauseous etc then you should be fine.
    The 3 people I saw were very understanding and kind.
    Is there no one who could accompany you?
    I went with my daughter, who was able to become my Carer as a result of my being awarded med rate care.
    I don't know if any of this will help you this week, but I wish you the very best of luck.

Whatever you do dont go on your own. Even if it's just a trusted friend or relative, go with someone. Moral support is as valuable as expert support if you are nervous.

nothing at all tried to get a letter to send into the tribunal from the gp not available till the end of sep and the locum was unable as he does not know me well enough all the letters I had from consultants are oven 8/10 months ago as waiting to go into hospital for a bowel op and a bladder op just been waiting 11 months for the two consultants to have some time free together so I can have under general anasetic a camera into my bowel and bladder so they can see what needs to be done as I have had all the scans etc that I can so they need to see this I hope will be in oct/nov now with an op to follow in jan I am under a neurologist things have got worse and I am down for a routine appoint this was made 6 months ago and still waiting need a doc app to ask them to push it for me have rang his sec and she said I am on the list a gp letter would help been waiting a week to see the doc as for the arthritis I need a follow up appointment again I need to see my gp for this its a stressfull mess something I did get from the report is I have mild spondulosis in c5/6 that means looking on the internet of the symptons I have them and had no idea when I had the atos medical at my mothers I was so stressed out my mums friend and her neighbor told her not to let them in as they were going to snoop around look into her bank account I was in a state worried sick just wanted it over so rushed through the questions after this my mum through me out so I have moved in with a long time friend and we care for each other

Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    you do need the reports from months ago as they can only look at you as you where when turned down anything new will not be allowed as that's against regulations

you don't need a general for bladder tests? or bowel

mild spondulosis in c5/6 = pain in the neck ????? not get you a lot most people aged 45 onwards would show this if x rayed 99% would not even notice this age related wareing out
    I need the general to help them decide how to do any op as have had previous surgery for the same thing this time my bowel will be operated on from the rear and I could end up with a bag for a while as when I empty my bowel I have to push everything up to empty now my bowel is also in the top of my leg so have to move things around to empty my bowel have a tape round my bladder not to sure what they are going to do with that he needs to check what has happened to it this is to tighten up my bladder if its slipped that would be why I have the problems with my bladder not emptying properly leaving me with permanent water infections
    as for my neck have limited movement at night need a special pillow when I turn over i have flashing lights in my eyes also pins and needles in my arms and hands bad headaches that can last for days also have problems at times swallowing

thankyou it does help

Actually I am having a bladder test ( cystoscopy ) on Tuesday and I am having a general anaesthetic, so yes they do perform these under general.

Hips

Quote Originally Posted by hips View Post
    Actually I am having a bladder test ( cystoscopy ) on Tuesday and I am having a general anaesthetic, so yes they do perform these under general.

Hips
    Why risk a GA? I have them yearly and biopsies taken each time and I have nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    Why risk a GA? I have them yearly and biopsies taken each time and I have nothing.
    Don't think it's a pateints choice on the GA. I've had 3 bladder cystoscopy's, 2 were done with a GA, nd another was done without a GA. I wasn't given a choice on the GA. Asumed it was to do with what they were doing but could be wrong. Had 2 haemanginomas or something, equiv to a benign cluster of blood vessels you're born with . Normally not a problem but mine kept bleeding heavily if I ever had an bladder infection so they decided to take them out.