Thread: Continually collect evidence

Continually collect evidence

Ever since l had my accident back in 1999 l have always asked all medical professionals who l have seen to send copies of letters they send to my GP also to me. This has helped me in 3 ways the first is it helps me remember what was said in the consultation, 2nd the receiving of the letter tells me that my GP has also received the letter and if l need to go see the gp to discuss anything and 3rd they are great as medical evidence for the likes of DWP.
    I personally keep all appointment letters along with any hospital discharge letters and also hospital consent forms you sign. They are all great evidence to back up the dreaded ESA50 even if the DWP ignore them but as in my case not the tribunal service.

Try to avoid having to jump through DWP hoops as the more hoops they try to get you to jump through the fitter they think you are

good advice there!

Account removed
    Will not hurt but sadly lots of doctors and consultants these days will charge you for this.

Quote Originally Posted by treborc View Post
    Will not hurt but sadly lots of doctors and consultants these days will charge you for this.
    No they will not as you are asking just to be cc in you are not asking for a report. Most do it without asking and its actually your right and as my doctor says it makes things more transparent.

You are entitled to copies of medical reports free for 40 days