Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Emotionally Disturbed

Hi SQ so glad he went to DR it's along road though so glad he has you're support xx

Thanks acheron, he turned up got some meds (only cos I pushed) has a sick note for a month and gp to referr to psychiatrist.
    Back to gp in two weeks
    Sea Queen

Update on this.
    Y/P has app with psyc in November.
    I am told by others who have walked this path it's a long drawn out process BEFORE he gets to actually start seeing psyc for couciling/ass.
    As I will be going with him I'm wondering if it is possible to 'push them' into moving a bit faster, based on y/p aggresive out bursts -
    What do others think?
    Sea Queen

Hi Sea queen it's a bit of a lottery of when he will be seen but unfortunately there's no easy fix for mental health if he sees a good DR I'm sure he will be ass as needing to start treatment asap

I hope he gets all the help he needs and comes through this as from my own experience of this sort of problem it can be devastating as the guilt they feel after can be soul destroying my best wishes to you're friend and I think you're an amazing person to help him through all of this xx

Thank you acheron, I am going back to his gp next Monday with him as I feel he needs his gp on board with this as well as the M/H team.
    I'm hoping I can go into his initial interview with him at M/H as he can't find the words to express himself at times.
    me - I'm a pushy cow, who can voice my concerns quite clearly, they will already have the bullet points I typed and passed on to his gp, taken from his chat with me. So I am hoping they will see the need to help him asap.
    I have a friend who is also going throught the process, not to minimalise what she suffers but other people are not at risk from her as they may be him when he flips.
    I will do my best - and thanks again.
    Sea Queen

Didn't get to GP app as above as y/p had a wobble.
    However we DID go to the M/H ass yesterday, I was so pleased he managed it.
    Being put on meds to take the anger down, chasing up cruse for his app and also councillng to be set up for the past.
    Just hoping he has the strengh to keep moving forward with this
    Sea Queen

Just a little update in my Blog
    Y/P is slowly moving forward, taking the meds and GP is really pleased - so am I!!
    I can see the difference in mood and they are much calmer.
    Still waiting for councilling, but meds will continue to work and help - so it's looking good at the moment
    Sea Queen

Hi SQ so glad you're friend is getting there
    wishing you and him all the best xx

Moving on a little now.
    Still visiting GP with me, but also started Bereavement counselling this week (I go here with the person) as well as anger management which I am not involved in as it was done through the probation service.

I hope this works as the Y/P is in a group - and doesn't react well to groups, so fingers toes and everything crossed.

Hoping Y/P will continue with the B/Counselling because once that is done we can hopefully move on to a different type of counselling for the early years which were traumatic.

Being very brave at the moment and I am hoping it lasts!!
    Last edited by sea queen; 26-01-14 at 16:56.
    Sea Queen

Update
    Y/P has been attending bereavement counselling but will only go if I sit in with them.

Nevertheless they are moving forward with this and at last weeks sessions made great strides forward!

Once this is finished and hopefully they come out of the otherside we are hoping counselling for his past from a child into adolesence will be available.

So proud of the Y/P for sticking with this
    Last edited by sea queen; 26-01-14 at 16:57.
    Sea Queen