Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well - some good news!

Well - some good news!

The DSS phoned me on Wednesday last, to say that they had awarded me ESA in the support group for two years. It's contribution based (not sure what that is, but I will find out!) and that my IB will change to ESA the first week of September without any less money being paid. There is a God.

Just for the record, They sent me the form in April this year. The Atos medical took place in the middle of June, and since then I've been waiting for a decision. During this incredibly long wait, I (at first) made myself quite ill with worry, then this gave way to a 'what the hell/ cross the bridge when you get to it' attitude. I can't believe how long it took... and my life has been on hold, and a big back cloud over me every single day, even though I tried to get on with my life as best I could.

I will still not believe this until I see it in writing, which apparently they are doing.

Good luck to anyone else going through this at the moment, there is an end to it eventually!

Congratulations Jay, you couldn't have asked for a better result really I take it you achieved this on the MH Descriptors, the stress is all behind you now so relax for a bit.
    Now you have your wings (so to speak) you'll be able to advise others with the experience of what you did right.
    All the best.

NB: don't forget, you may be entitled to an IR make up, if so this in turn will entitle you to claim the EDP, best to get the letter first though and see what's what.
    Last edited by Jard; 24-08-13 at 13:07.

Great result Jay.
    I know it is a great weight off your mind when you hear the news. Now you can relax a bit and stop worrying for a good while.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Good news Jay - that's always welcome to hear
    Sea Queen

Thanks for the messages! It's great news, just had to share it with you all!

At last the bloomin' black cloud has lifted and I can get on with my life a bit!

That's great news Jay time to relax xx

Great news. I hope you can now focus more on your health and wellbeing rather than money.

Good to hear things went well for you.

Thanks to all for your messages.

Ok, got the letter, which was wrong wrong wrong... they had awarded me 2 months ESA not the 2 years that the lady on the phone had said. Phoned to be told the letter was wrong, not the phone call! So more stress until confirmed by letter! Dear oh dear....