Thread: I get so brave and then let down !

I get so brave and then let down !

Hi everyone

I know some of you are aware of my self harm issues.

I have recently been referred back to the mental health team and while I'm waiting for my appointment I am allowed to ring them, so instead of cutting myself this afternoon I was very brave and actually rang them. Yes you've guessed it they are too busy to talk to me !

The receptionist said that she could try and find someone for me but as its just self harm I'm best ringing the out of hours later on.

Tell you what it's enough to drive you to suicide !

Don't worry I'm not going to do a disappearing act on you all, I'm just so angry that I've made that first horrible phone call just to be slapped in the face.

oh Andy feel for you it must have been hard to build up the courage to phone

and WTF is that all about anyway "it's just self harm " the clue is in the title HARM sorry but getting angry on your behalf

try and relax AP know it's not easy for you is there anything you can focus on sorry just grabbing at straws here don't want you to harm yourself xx

Hi Acheron

Yes I felt like that when she said it twice "just self harm". If only it was "just" eh ?

I can't even it outside to get some sun because I'm having my park home insulated so have workmen all around the place . In saying that because I've also had new carpet and underlay I should be toasty this winter

My shoulder pain is really dragging me down. I'm seeing the consultant tomorrow so hoping he will list me for surgery.

One of my carers has been off ill for nearly 2 weeks so I've been stuck in most of the time so that really isn't helping me.

I think I need to get a grip and stop feeling sorry for myself !

Hi Andypandy no wonder your feeling low and haven't we the right to feel a little sorry for our selves now and again (hell yeah )

hope the consultant gets on with putting you through for surgery fingers crossed for you

hope you start feeling a little lighter soon xx

Hi Andy.

What a way to talk to you when you are asking for help. I would make a formal complaint. In fact I did just that when a similar thing happened to me a few years ago.

I am also a self harmer and have battled with it for many years. Thankfully, with the right help and support, I have not done anything for 2 years, but its hard. There are still times when the need starts to overtake everything else. So, I still class myself as a self harmer as I know the urge is still there.

The fact that you phoned is brilliant. The way you were treated was not.
    I really feel for you as I know how hard it is to ask for help. I spent years being told I was just attention seeking.
    It is not easy when we get to "that point" to step back. But you had the courage to try and ask for help. That is a positive, so try and take heart from that. It shows a positive "control" as opposed to a negative one.

Sending you a big hug (((xxx)))
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Hi Andy

Sweetie i have no advice as i dont understand SH but I do wish you luck with your battle and send you a big virtual hug too xx

Don't pretend have any knowledge or experience of self harm issues either, but was wondering if phoning somewhere like the Samaritans helpline is possibe in a situation like this? I'm sure they would take the time to listen in such a situation .

I am really surprised at the receptionists attitude. The receptionists and secretaries I have come across during my MH treatments have been very good but that may be due to my wife doing the ground work in advance of the appointments. I feel for you honey xx

Oh dear, not very helpful are they. I also suggest giving the Samaritans a call. What a shame about not being able to get out in this glorious weather. Please don't hurt yourself, I can't bear the thought of you with more pain.

That is terrible. I would definitely lodge a complain. Nobody has the right to tell you it's *just* SH.