Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another new diagnosis..

A few years ago I used to work in an open plan office with 150 co workers. There was only one accessible toilet that was at the far end of the office. As I used to get engrossed in my design work I would leave going to the loo until it was a little to late. I could hold on until I arrived in the privacy of the accessible loo but usually through a sense of urgency would n't quite make unzipping myself before going. I discovered that the hand dryer was the quickest way of drying myself out before exiting.

My fellow workers were unaware of my bladder/bowel problems unless I had a 'accident' driving into work - then I'd phone to say I'd been delayed - get home, shower, take immodium, and get into work an hour late. My boss was very understanding as quite often I and the team would often find oursselfs still at work after 7pm just to meet deadlines.

The best thing about work is the social side and meeting so many people. Luckily I like my own company and don't get bored. Still at least my time is mine now - off to cycling club now for some fresh air and company.

On the more practical side i take sun chlorella A which is great for crohns and eat plain boiled pasta, not together lol. Then after what seems an eternity add things to pasta. Im lactose intolerant but have some dairy everyday since seeing an immunologist as he said i was sensitizing myself and would develop anaphylaxsis if i carried on abstaining! So strange thing is my bowel better for having dairy but my joints not! Not eating is only bad news for bowels just change what you eat. Boiled plain rice, pasta etc and no ftesh fruit and veg until youre a bit more solid!

Quote Originally Posted by Boo-dicca View Post
    no ftesh fruit and veg until you're a bit more solid!
    I want to know what this fetish fruit is .... mmm Has somebody been reading 50 shades of passion fruit!!

Well i can only say ...light wasnt it you who posted the pleasure or pain thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Boo-dicca View Post
    Well i can only say ...light wasnt it you who posted the pleasure or pain thread?
    Talking of which I had a trip and fall at the Athletic's Track a few days back. I fell backwards and couldn't cushion my fall so I tend to go down as if I'm a tree dropping.The back of my head took the full force of coming to grief with tarmac. It does make your eyeballs rattle around a bit and I doubt thee's much difference in pain than being hit on the head with a baseball bat. Yes blood poured out but heads tend to bleed heavily but the pin prick cuts weren't big and soon the bleeding clotted.

Did I enjoy it you may ask. No as it upsets everyone around me and I don't like a fuss. I'd be happy to lie horizontally for a while but before you know it I've been hoisted up and sat in a chair to be asked 'are you alright' - I think I'll have those immortal words chiseled onto my tombstone!

I only appear to be getting worse.

My partner almost called an ambulance for me on Wednesday night as after 2 days & nights of being extremely ill, I couldn't even swallow water..had a fever and was vomitting as well as other things..good job my boyfriend loves me :/

Luckily, I woke up feeling much better on Thursday, but as soon as I tried eating again..urgh. But I can have fluids now yay!

Hi Flowerangelx sounds like you have a stomach bug as fever isn't usual related to I.B.S but then again DR's are quick to diagnose I.B.S before having tests for other digestive illness get back to your GP if no better
    it maybe that you have a bug on top of the I.B.S but as bad as you've got it at the moment I would be wanting tests to make sure that was all it is
    when I first when to the doc's losing weight 'painful gut 'no appetite and diarrhea the doc said I.B.S until I mentioned my dad has crohns then she sent me to hospital where the test showed crohns and that I needed a op asap
    sending you a hug xx
    Last edited by acheron; 31-08-13 at 08:33.

I have had other tests etc..definitely have IBS. I've had other things ruled out.

I'm feeling much better now. Think my bug has gone!

Flowerangelx glad you got to the bottom of things. You must be feeling flushed with success. Glad things panned out and you now know what's the matter. Enjoy your Sunday sweetheart.

Spoke too soon..woke up all nice & chesty this morning.

Can barely talk as my throat is swollen up again..doctors in the morning for me!