Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Another new diagnosis..

Light you are gloriously irreverant! Hope youre feeling better nothing worse than a fall that severe it makes you feel so shaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Boo-dicca View Post
    Light you are gloriously irreverant! Hope youre feeling better nothing worse than a fall that severe it makes you feel so shaken!
    Hi Boo-dicca, just having a little toilet fun - I can as I have similar issues from time to time.

Yes I'm the fall guy. I will swear when I know I'm going over, more because it's my fault for getting in that position in the first place.

I don't tear-up or get watery eyes - my body has been through it so many times and I don't get upsset either. But there are things that'll happen to me after a short time that I can't stop.
    Internal head bleeding that can put pressure on the brain and make you go unconscious - that's why my immediate reaction is 'ice - I need ice'.

The next involuntary thing that happens is your body goes into shock. Luckily for me it was Suzanne's birthday so hot sugary coffee and carrot cake was on hand - so that helped.

The third thing that happens when you damage the brain is you may get a clonus. I had a clonus of my forearm for about 7 seconds - it just means the muscles shake very quickly involuntary.

As falls go I would rate it at 4.5 out of 10 on the fallometer. It's only when you rupture an artery, or ligaments pull bone away from your leg or if I get a pair of black eyes and a melon sticking out of the side of my head do I start to give points above 5.

As falls go for me it was a good fall despite the obvious pain and discomfort I could still drive home.