Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: won appeal for support group. 7 days later sent a new ESA50.

won appeal for support group. 7 days later sent a new ESA50.

After having a medical in October 2012 I was put into ESA Work related group. My JCP adviser told me to appeal for support group, as in her opinion I wasn't well enough to be in Work related group. I started with the help of Advocacy. After months of going backwards and forwards the DWP, still said they had not received the appeal from them. I changed to welfare rights and and on the 6th August 2013 I was delighted to receive a letter from DWP to tell me I had won appeal for support group.
    My prognosis on ESA85 said that I had a 2year prognosis. My JCP adviser told me I would not have to have another assessment until August 2014. You can imagine how shocked I was to receive another ESA50 dated 14th August 2013.
    I haven't received anything to say how my money is to be paid, now I'm in support group or anything else about it. Only that they changed me to support group.
    What I need to know is.
    Why are they sending me another ESA50 before my 2years is up. My long term prognosis after 2years says. 'The available evidence suggests improvement is unlikely in the longer term'.
    I am at a lose to understand the reason for having another ESA50.
    I would appreciate any help on this matter.
    Thanks xx

Just an update. I have just spoken to DWP person. She told me that the ESA50 was sent out in error (crossed in Post) !!!!
    I am in support group and I won't have another assessment until August 2016. And I will also get back dated money.
    I am still shaking my head in disbelief. I won't believe this until I have it in writing. x

Thanks for replying Dave.
    I will wait for the letter, I need to see it to believe it. After being messed around for ten months I need the proof. I am also going to speak to my welfare adviser tomorrow and get him to verify things for me. The back pay DWP told me I would be getting doesn't add up either. It's a sad state of affairs that you can't believe what these people are telling.

I would advise not to hope for to much regarding "back pay", you're circumstances look a lot like mine (dates & all) I won my Tribunal in June and received £13.00 (13 quid) back pay, I'm on CB ESA, if you're on IR it will probably be substantially more with all the add ons.

Incidentally
    (1
    2years (24months) is the longest prognosis you can receive in WRAG.
    (2
    3years (36months) is the longest prognosis you can receive in SG.

And I haven't heard anything off them yet.
    Last edited by Jard; 20-08-13 at 00:37.

Hi Jard. I have just checked my bank and there is quite a lot of money gone in today. I haven't received my letter telling me how my money is worked out or what I will get. I'm too scared to use any of the money incase it is not mine.I'm on CB ESA at the moment but this is going to IR in September. x

Quote Originally Posted by cookiesmum View Post
    Hi Jard. I have just checked my bank and there is quite a lot of money gone in today. I haven't received my letter telling me how my money is worked out or what I will get. I'm too scared to use any of the money incase it is not mine.I'm on CB ESA at the moment but this is going to IR in September. x
    It looks to me you may be receiving an IR make up together with your CB ESA, re: your last sentence - I don't think that will happen now as everything will/should back date to day one, has you've won your (SG) decision.
    That'll be your money spend it wisely and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    I appealed for 5 years in support group and not the 3 I got put a good case together but it was struck out as it was outside the tribunals remit did get a nice letter from DWP London saying why I could not have more
    Yes Dave, ESA Tribunals can only make a recommendation on time of award, unlike DLA Tribunals who were able to set the time of award.
    It is the DM's who now have the whip hand regarding time before re-assessment, as they do also have the power to grant an extension of an award without any form being issued.

Hi, an update. Just when you think things are ok you get another ATOS letter in the post. I received my letter dated 15th August 2013 telling me how my money is worked out. It tells me I get extra money because of Disability income guarantee, extra money because I'm in support group. So far so good. I thought that's it I've got it in writing. I thought wrong. I this morning (Saturday 7th September 2013) received a letter from ATOS to say that I haven't sent in ESA50 that they sent me on 14th August 2013. Now I can understand that the original letter crossed in post or was sent out in error. Because my records weren't updated until 15th August 2013 (or there about) but I cannot understand why they are still sending me out reminders, dated 5th September 2013, when I have been told that the ESA should not have been sent out in the first place because I won my appeal for support group. How can anyone be so incompetent. I'm struggling with my health at the moment. The stress of the past 12months hasn't helped so to get this in post on a Saturday has stressed me out completely.
    I will have to wait until Tuesday now to speak to my welfare adviser. I want him to get my mp involved again. This cannot continue to happen, not just to me but to all people who are unwell.
    They will probably tell me it is a computer error, well that's what I'm hoping.
    They are trying to kill us all off then they wont have to give us benefits.

Did you ever contact the DWP regarding the length of you're prognosis following the appeal ???. It is something they do not have to adhere too though they usually do, they can also call for an assessment (issue a ESA50) any time as of 3 months after the last one. This is a sticky one, perhaps they are expecting you to complete it ???.

All the best with it

Hi Jard, no I didn't, I just presumed that I had missed heard her and she said 2015 and not 2016. I did try to phone them again but got fed up with being put on hold. I do know that I didn't miss hear her when she told me that I did not have to send in ESA50. I made her repeat it several times. I also spoke to adviser in JCP and he told me that I didn't have to send it in as I was now in support group and that I didn't have to keep my September appointment with them.
    It looks like it will be back to being put on hold again on Monday morning trying to sort their mess out.x