Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 months and still waiting.....

3 months and still waiting.....

Hi everyone

It's been 3 months now since I sent in my ESA50 I've heard nothing at all. The longer it's going on the worse my stress levels and self-harm are getting.

I don't know if I dare ring them, I couldn't cope with the stress this would bring.

Is there a limit on the wait ?

Thanks

Andypandy

It might be worth giving them a call hun, just to see what is happening.
    Is it the first claim for ESA or a renewal? My first claim took a while as I had to have a ftf interview. My renewal took about 6 weeks after sending the form back.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Defo, no harm in chasing it up. If I recall correctly, my IB to ESA migration took about 3 weeks but as I understand it, it DOES vary terribly from region to region, try not to worry.

I don't think there is a time limit Andy I have known people to wait 3 months, if it is stressing you though maybe you should just ring them it wont make a difference to the outcome they'll either have it on their system and can tell you or not yet have a reply but can tell you how long it might be, either way at least you'd have some idea what's going on. My aunt rang them as she's been waithing nearly 5months for her tribunal and she was told that there is a back log due to the amount of new claims and people appealing so maybe that's also the reason taking so long for you too. Hope you hear in the positive soon x

Account removed
    I had my medical in November and then I waited until February to be told I was on Wrag, I appealed at once and that came back June saying I had won my appeal. But they are saying the back log is now getting bigger and bigger and they are bringing in more people to try and get it down.

Thanks everyone. It's a transfer from IB babyblu.

Could one of my PAs ring on my behalf if I just confirm I'm allowing them to do this ?

HI AP, I suspect you are being judged by the same lot as I was. (we are in the same area) From start to finish it took over 6 mths before I heard a dicky bird. Same thing has happened to a friend of mine same time span as mine. It's very hard not to stress as I know exactly how you feel. Try and keep your chin up.

Mine was away for about 13 weeks before i got a reply. Look on it as no news is good news.

put my form in Christmas and got letter for assessment at end of May... so can take a while

Quote Originally Posted by Cornwall View Post
    HI AP, I suspect you are being judged by the same lot as I was. (we are in the same area) From start to finish it took over 6 mths before I heard a dicky bird. Same thing has happened to a friend of mine same time span as mine. It's very hard not to stress as I know exactly how you feel. Try and keep your chin up.
    Hi C

Were you transferred from IB too ?