Thread: Servicing

Servicing

Just had my first service on my first motability vehicle. I dont have a service log book to get stamped. Is this taken care of by the dealer as it's really their car, not mine ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tatty_Tat View Post
    Just had my first service on my first motability vehicle. I dont have a service log book to get stamped. Is this taken care of by the dealer as it's really their car, not mine ?
    The car should come with a service book. It needs to get stamped to prove its been serviced. I would contact the dealer.

Account removed
    Some garages stamp them some do not people know these vehicles are serviced when they go up for sale, it's good to have them stamped but some of the garages will not stamp them because of the way Mobility ask for the cars to be done. The log book should in the large book folder you get it. I've had nine cars now and out of the nine only three had the book signed/stamped. This service I have just had done, I left the service book on the front seat it was not stamped.

When these go to be sold the buyers may well be fleet car owners taxi owners who know the car would be normally low millage and would be serviced, they can always check by phoning the garage, which I would do if buying a local car.

Maybe so, but if I was buying a used car I would want to see the service history. I would walk away from the deal if I didn't think it had a service history.

Your motability car will have come with several A5 sized booklets. One will be your service history book. It's important that you find it, record the mileage, and get it stamped by the garage otherwise Motability will find it harder to sell after three years. It connects to the cars warrantee - no service record and any warrantees are void.

I've emailed the dealer. At least I have a query on record while I sort this.