Thread: advice on benefit please help

advice on benefit please help

I am on high rate DLA m and low rate care. but after one year of being on DLA my illness has got worse I think I should be on m/ care. People said I should tell the DWP about this, but will I have to go on PIP because who can't get DLA now . Also I have just filled out a renewal form of ESA for the support group and I did mention on the form my illness is worse now.

Quote Originally Posted by smudgecat View Post
    I am on high rate DLA m and low rate care. but after one year of being on DLA my illness has got worse I think I should be on m/ care. People said I should tell the DWP about this, but will I have to go on PIP because who can't get DLA now . Also I have just filled out a renewal form of ESA for the support group and I did mention on the form my illness is worse now.
    My personal view is to let sleeping dogs lie. Like everyone else there's a good chance they could take away your award.
    I chose this action, even though I am in the support group and receive low rate care and just can not afford to lose that, if they find against me.

Great Britain - where has the Great gone when people are too scared to inform DLA that their condition is worse.
    It's a B****y disgrace!
    Sea Queen

Read a thread on another forum about one of the first people to attend a PIP assessment. From what they said the assessor was very pleasant and professional and they concentrated on the person's inability on what they could do and what they needed help with. Assessment lasted an hour. Don't claim DLA myself but will still be interested to hear how they got on when they post back with their results.