Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Car valuation from motability

Car valuation from motability

I'm about to renew my car but out of interest i asked for a price for my current car and was quoted £7560 for a 60reg vauxhall zafira 1.9 cdti elite auto, with only 28,000 on the clock. To me this seems a good price. Anyone got any thoughts about that price as my neighbour is interested in it but i've not said about the price yet.

I've had a quick google and this looks to be a good price, considerably less than its value on a couple of sites. No doubt Paul will be able to give a more considered reply.

There are several sites on the web that will give you a free valuation on your car, it might be worth trying one of them but the price you state seems fair to me. Here is a Link to a site that will value your car for free, but this is only one and if you search on Google you will find lots more.

http://www.motoring.co.uk/free-car-v...FcbLtAodfDAAig
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

I've just had a look around and was quite suprised at how reasonable the price is, as i was told to expect top whack book price.

Just had a look for my 5yr old CRV as it's due for replacement at the end of the year, no chance of me being able to buy it, comes out at £13-15000!!

I would say that is good, helped probably by a new shape model bring the price down.

Will you get the third service in, does it mention anything about how the change in Tax class works?

Quote Originally Posted by Glover1862 View Post
    I would say that is good, helped probably by a new shape model bring the price down.

Will you get the third service in, does it mention anything about how the change in Tax class works?
    Not had a proper look yet, to be honest i just looked at the price and really only did it to be nosey, but now my neighbour is interested, it has had its 3rd service and mot though, as for the tax class i would imagine it would change when the log book gets sent off but if your buting it for yourself then it would remain in disabled tax class, as you are still entitled to the tax disc anyway.

To change the tax class, the new owner takes the V5C document to their nearest DVLA Office/Post Office (that issue car tax) and ask for a change in classification from Disabled to PLG. It doesn't cost anything to do other than time.

As for the price of the Vauxhall, I'd say it would be worth buying off Motability.
    Most Zafiras of similar age & milage on Autotrader are priced to sell at £9000-£9500 or thereabouts.

See the search here http://www4.autotrader.co.uk/search/...to_40000_miles

I wouldn't bother too much about valuation sites, as they aren't the ones who are going to buy your car. It's always worth looking at eBay Motors and Autotrader as they are the most used for selling cars.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Quote Originally Posted by pg1973 View Post
    Not had a proper look yet, to be honest i just looked at the price and really only did it to be nosey, but now my neighbour is interested, it has had its 3rd service
    Have they started doing 3rd service recently?the last 2 cars i have had i was told they didnt do 3rd service just the MOT.

Quote Originally Posted by samiel View Post
    Have they started doing 3rd service recently?the last 2 cars i have had i was told they didnt do 3rd service just the MOT.
    My last car got a 2nd service before it went back. That was three months before it was due back. Most cars now get serviced every 2 years or up to 18,000 miles.