Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: worried over poss heart problem.

Glad to hear you got through it and results are better than expected. Hopefully the medication will keep any further deterioration at bay for years to come. They'll keep an eye on you now.

Take very good care of that puncture site to make sure it doesn't get infected.(talking from experience), and have a nice relaxing day after your scare.

Only just picked up on this thread Mikey. Really pleased all went well. Relax and have a great day

Hi Mikey glad you got through it hope the puncture site heals well

you have a good rest hope you are getting pampered today xx

well sorry about banging on with medication in my other post, seems that they are waiting for something else to be done and have just received an urgent appointment for an Echocariogram and am sat here with my alarm bells ringing with what i was told was wrong on the angiogram and what is raising their own alarm bells.

any way will keep people on here up to date when it is done although the results may take a while as i won't be told straight away like the angiogram one,

have had kidney scans done before so am not worried by having the scans as they are harmless and not painful

mike

Ultrasound scans are usually used to check the heart valves and pumping chambers which doesn't show up on an angiogram. Did you not already get one done before having your angiogram done. They normally do them first just as a rouitne check before doing an angiogram, and also do them for rouine annual screening at out cardiac clinic.

It could just be a routine check Mikey so try not to panic that it's got to be something sinister unless they told you they thought you had a valve problem. And how they would know that without the utlrasound I don't really know.

Think I'm going to have to send you a bottle of Kalms tablets meantime . lol . Deep breaths for the minute, and repeat after me, ' Everything is fine and will be fine until such time I am told it is definitely not fine, and even then I will cope. It works. Take care of yourself and concentrate on keeping that puncture wound infection free.

well letter just popped through this morning and have got the official diagnoses to this thread, it is CAD or coronary artery disease but thankfully mild.

medications also mentioned, statins so with this will be getting an appointment early next week to sort things out.

family on dads side do have an history of this but honestly thought i would get away with it coming up to 48 so am growling as they say but not much i can do about it now.

with just going through this i have found the BHF forum as i feel more appropriate support will be needed (specialized), still will call in here as this forum has made me some good friends over the last 2 years.

still got another test to go through in a few weeks but with having appropriate support will get through the stress and worries, any way going for a good cuppa

t.c for now,

mike

Glad to hear you got the details confirmed Mikey. Now you know , you can make some changes in your lifestyle and diet to keep you from any deterioration .Regular exercise is key, even just walking daily. 2 cups of coffee each day can help and so can cinammon or is it turmeric?

Normally they give you statins, blood pressure reducing and a blood thinner, often a slow release 75mg of coated asprin as a routine. . They'll probably want to do a blood test after a few weeks of being on statins to check how your liver is coping with the statins. If you experience any leg weaknes or bad muscle pain in your legs when on the statins get back to your GP ASAP.

The person doing the ultrasound often tells you there and then what the results are. Maybe depends on what level the person is. Hope it all goes well and glad to hear you're feeling a bit more like yourself after a worrying time. And again keep your eye on that puncture wound for a few weeks after it's healed. I got the stent at the beginning of August via the wrist, and the infection didn't flare up until the beginning of September.

they are recommending 2 things, the statin (low dose) and aspirin but snag is i can't take that last medication so hope they will find an alternative and he was banging on about my B.P so prob at it again with finding something to suit.

as for infections been up for 2 days now with bad pain and the wound looked streaky but thankfully today it is starting to look better, still got to get to the doctors as i have picked up an infection from something relating to another condition and am passing some blood

any way will be a good few weeks now for the scan 2nd week of October so will not hog this section of the forum now, busy day in the morning,

as for BHF what a load of troll not as good as on here

mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikeydt1 View Post
    as for infections been up for 2 days now with bad pain and the wound looked streaky but thankfully today it is starting to look better, still got to get to the doctors as i have picked up an infection from something relating to another condition and am passing some blood

mike
    Really don't want to worry you, as I know you've been really stressed. But do keep an eye on that wrist if causing you pain.

I'd intermittent really sharp pain in my wrist at times after they did my stent through wrist .As there's a lot of nerves in wrist assumed it was a bit of nerve irritaion from the canula being put in, and would settle down in a couple of weeks. It only seemed to bother me if I turned the wrist certain ways. And as the puncture site didn't look in the slightest abnormal, no redness or signs of infection, was sure it was just nerve irritation. sut a nerve .

But the sharp intermittent pain continued and instead of being intermittent stayed for longer. About 4 weeks later it started to swell a little and then a huge closed abscess appeared, and swollen arm . Was a right mess and took 2 courses of double antibiotics and lancing to sort. Affected my entire arm at one point and couldn't move it for pain. Even Oxnorm +Oxycontin didn't touch it and they're like morphine.

So get it checked if it continues to be painful.

Just being cautious and will say no more. Hope your other infection settles down.

i am getting pain like you describe but the site looks clear so will keep an eye on the situation, yesterday it felt terrible with pain.

did have a look on the internet about radial angiogram and after affects and loads of others have been having the same problem as you have described.

am now been treated for infection due to bleeding else where so should be clear in around 3 to 4 days, if not they are going to review as to why i am bleeding. did get asked in hospital about this years ago and they thought i was on thinners but not on anything which might cause this, i think

mike