Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: worried over poss heart problem.

I hope everything goes well Mike

Hi Mikey hope you go on alright sending you a hug xx

for you for the kind messages,

acheron just saw your other message and hope that chest infection clears well, they can be a nightmare as i found out many years ago and only lost 3 stone in weight when i ended up with 2 of them, thought my time was up as it took the life out of me. had scans and all sorts as they thought it was the big 'C'

glad to say age was on my side, and thankfully was not the big 'C' only something they called markers (second one) and i managed to get through but only took a year to recover from them!

any way get well soon.

Hey Mikey thanks for the kind words

on a large dose of azathioprine (immune suppressants ) and get chest infections often and it sets my asthma off so end up with steroids as well as AB 's

but not too bad now and only 1 week left of steroids I really hate them I turn into such a little monster on them and one got stuck today and they taste horrid yuck!!!

well saw the surgeon today and got more or less straight in, had an ECG before i saw anyone then as soon as i got in the surgeon only wanted me to undergo an angiogram, at some point i switched off when stents were mentioned.

think overall with the symptoms i had been getting that i knew that something was wrong so if they are any blockages they can now be dealt with.

better to get them dealt with now than face the ultimate in heart attacks which some of my family never recovered from.

any way got a day for when they are going to do it, just waiting for the date and time.

not going to worry over things just going to keep plodding on as they say and deal with any symptoms when i get them.

It's quite a straighfroward procedure now Mikey. if the angiogram shows a blockage of more than 70% they'll likely do a stent if they can and it's suitable while youre there. All painless and fairly quick procedure. If you want they'll show you the before and after on their screen!!

Think you get out same day now as well, used to keep you in overnight, and chuck you out first thing in the morning for the next batch of people getting them done. Very much like a conveyor belt system. If blockage is less than 65% they'll treat conservatively with usual suspects of medication.

They won't know if anything's needed till they do the angiogram.Keep well and look after yourself.

update to this,

just over a couple of weeks of seeing the surgeon i got a phone call today and am now facing the angiogram for next Monday so talk about fast again.

sat here at the moment going in to a total panic meltdown and doubt if i will get much sleep on Sunday.

just gone through catheter replacement which is giving me grief with the nurse poking around too much so on top of this will face more poss problems from Monday (been told to expect this) so may not be on here for a good few days until my body returns to some normality, what ever that is

Try to keep calm Mike. If you turn up for your angio with sky high blood pressure due to anxiety , it could delay them doing it until they manage to get it down to an acceptable level. And you don't want that to happen. If you're getting extremely panicky maybe you should ask for a phone consultation with your GP today to discuss your worries?.

Don't worry about what you think is the speed of the appointment. At such short notice it's likely someone has cancelled their arranged angio slot and they've phoned round everyone else on the list to see if someone else can manage in as they like to keep their slots full.

Anything to do with the heart is always a worry, but it is a very routine straighforward procedure for these cardio guys, they do thousands of them every year, and several every day. Albeit not so straightfoward for us. I thought it was done very quickly.

They'll likely give you a small amount of sedation to keep you calm, but you have to be alert enough to be able to move your arms out of the way at times of some of the imaging equipment they'll be using. And there'll be a technician/nurse nearby for you to talk to or even hold your hand if you need it.

I was totally fine the day after and was able to walk the dog. If you need and get any intervention , you'll feel so much better afterwards . So it's well worth getting it done.

Hope you get a good result, and try your best to stay as calm as possible meantime. Good luck.

Hey Mikey when I had an angiogram it wasn't painful or anything got told I would be staying over night after but had it done in the morning and was let home the same evening I can honestly say that the tests I've had for my heart have been o.k not painful so hope it's the same for you

fingers crossed for a good result xx

well saw the cardiac team this morning and not going in to too many details the findings were some narrowing of the arteries along with a fat deposit which the surgeon wants dealing with luckily with the use of medications. mentioned something about 6 months but was too overwhelmed with information and not feeling too good.

dealing with removing a bandage in the morning as the surgeon went through my right wrist and had a horrid moment with an arterial bleed so am hoping it will knit back when the bandage comes off or more hospital to come!

well that is basically it and thanks everyone for your kind support,

mike