Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: worried over poss heart problem.

Unhappy worried over poss heart problem.

the other week i ended up in hospital with breathing and chest pain problems. i was given angina medication and a report was sent to my doctors.

to me i was convinced that this was asthma along with chronic pain, both of which i am diagnosed with but even though i tried to convince my doctor that the chest thing may of been the above, he was not holy convinced and thinks it may be angina or other heart problem which scared me to death

my family does have heart problems and my doctor said i am in the age bracket for a heart attack or other heart problem and am now facing quite a few tests including a scan to check for any blockages.

in all i am worried as each time i try and do anything it does seem to trigger the chest problem with some pain.

all i can do is ride things out but as mentioned very worries esp with the family history.

on the safe side i have got the angina spray and this morning after heavy duty stuff am now struggling again so off for a lay down.

not stressing as i know this could make things worse, just worried at this stage.

mick

Hi Mikey it is scary when I had a preassessment for my last op the ecg picked up something wrong with my heart muscle had to go for some more tests saw a cardio who must have thought I had a PHD in medicine cos I didn't understand a word he said I get breathless after not much exercise and tired

my gp explained that my left chambers don't pump very strong but pumps rapidly

theres also heart disease in my family so do get a little worried at times but now you know that something may be wrong a least DR's can keep a eye on you

hope everything turns out right for you xx

Sorry to hear your problems but do try not to worry. If the angina spray helps you then it probably is angina -- which is good in a way as it is a warning. If you have a scan and they find narrowing in your arteries you may well have an angioplasty -- it sounds scary but it's not really. They put a thin wire through your veins into your heart then inflate a balloon at any blockage -- and sometimes they put a little "stent" in to keep the artery open and the blood flowing. My husband and I have both had this done several years ago. It sorts out the "pain on activity" and as well, it means you are "on the books" as it were, so your heart health will be better looked after. My own mother died from a sudden heart attack, she had no warning so I am happy that my heart problem was found before I had an attack.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeydt1 View Post
    the other week i ended up in hospital with breathing and chest pain problems. i was given angina medication and a report was sent to my doctors.

to me i was convinced that this was asthma along with chronic pain, both of which i am diagnosed with but even though i tried to convince my doctor that the chest thing may of been the above, he was not holy convinced and thinks it may be angina or other heart problem which scared me to death

my family does have heart problems and my doctor said i am in the age bracket for a heart attack or other heart problem and am now facing quite a few tests including a scan to check for any blockages.

in all i am worried as each time i try and do anything it does seem to trigger the chest problem with some pain.

all i can do is ride things out but as mentioned very worries esp with the family history.

on the safe side i have got the angina spray and this morning after heavy duty stuff am now struggling again so off for a lay down.

not stressing as i know this could make things worse, just worried at this stage.

mick
    hi try not to worry to much they can do great things these days

i know lots of people who say they have had a new lease of life

if you had a really serious problem i think they would have kept you in hospital

all the best ,, hope every thing go ok for you
    Last edited by samboleen; 06-08-13 at 16:58.

update from seeing my doctor the other week i now have an appointment for the cardio dept at my local hospital and talk about fast as the appointment is in a couple of weeks time.

does make me wonder what they possibly found when i went in to hospital and had some tests at a+e!

any way will keep the updates going when i get more feedback, am just hoping it is asthma with chronic pain then it can be dealt with but will have to wait to find out. (doctor was not convinced by this and thinks it is heart related though )

Easy for me to say, but try to be open minded. Even if it is a cardio issue the treatments are extensive and effective. Put your faith in these people and DO AS YOU ARE TOLD. Bless you.

Hi ya Mikey sending you a big HUG

I know it's scary but best to be seen

I had 3 different tests after the ECG and all of them were ok not painful ect

try and take it easy and do your best not to get stressed xx

There's several possibilities here Mikey. My friend gets sometimes angina type pain on exertion and after the usual tests was told it's arterial spasms and her heart itself is perfectly fine. She flew through her teadmill test with superfit results.

They usually arrange intial tests fairly quickly as a precaution, so don't worry about that. Initial usual tests are treadmill while fitted with ECG, and ultrasound to check valves and pumping chanbers . If something needs further investigation they usually then move onto arranging imaging of the coronary arteries. My ECG treadmill results back in the late 1990's indicated I had major blockages and yet at that tiem when they did my first angiogram it showed only minor blockage of a minor artery.

Then in 2006 an irregular heartbeat led to another treadmill ECG test and once again they said I needed an angiogram. Based on it proving to be fine the last time I delayed having the angiogram for months, until the cardiologist assured me the treadmill results were different from the last time. Turned out I had major blockage of the right coronary artery in a right tricky place and I came out with 2 stents fitted. lol. Again painfree and you're in an out in a matter of hours these days. Like a conveyor belt.

While I was in getting the stents, 2 woman who'd had heart attacks a few days before were transferred in to get angiogram imaging done. Both of them came back onto the ward and the Cardiolgist told both of them they hadn't needed any intervention like stents fitted. Medication would be sufficient to control their conditions and they'd attend check ups every so often.

I've never experienced what you'd call angina chest pain in my life not even when the arteries were badly furred up.

Try not to worry meantime. Easier said than done I know. Would definitely recommend you don't overdo things meantime, so no heavy gardening like digging ditches or going jogging for the short term, till you find out more.

Try not to worry and listen to your body.If it's saying i've had enough sit down or lay down for a while.If it's something you want to do it will still be there tomorrow for you to do.My hubby has lived with heart problems for the last 23 years after 3 major heart attacks.It took him a few years th accept he could'nt do what he used to and now if his body is saying NO don't do it then he does'nt.

well seeing surgeon this Tuesday so will let everyone know how i get on although i do think it could be a long drawn out thing. also got my mini op this Saturday, all ways seem to get bugs after i have this done so will be a barrel of fun for me over this week and weekend.

one can only scream