Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My disabilities cost me my relationship! Has anyone else had the same thing happen?

agreed deebee saying that all women are just after money is downright degrading

Can't add anything to what has already been said, so I'm sending some (((((hugs)))) for you.

I don't want to turn this into a man rant, suffice to say I have been let down a few times, and now I prefer to be on my own. That way, I only have myself to look after.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    ha ha ha
    Laugh away Dave, but yet again you were the only one to answer this thread with contempt and sarcasm, at least I tried.

Get over yourself, Dave with no Wit.

PS: to thread, I know not all woman are money spongers ... I just wanted to share my experience of the opposite sex showing they can be just as un-careful and barstewards as Men too.

RE: Katana, speak for yourself, Louise will find someone really easily, have you seen her piccie, sorry but she's a bit of a stunner and looks are so important to men. Men are visual!
    You think I never noticed? she's bloody gorgeous ! I may be disabled but I still recognise a lovely Lady when I see one.

I think I'm going to stop posting here, if im not taken out of contexts I'm accused of sexism

I cant win, hehe.

I guess I'm helping nobody.
    Last edited by Katana1000; 08-08-13 at 13:27.

Quote Originally Posted by acheron View Post
    agreed deebee saying that all women are just after money is downright degrading
    Nobody said that though

[QUOTE=Boo-dicca;45353]Honestly reading through these posts it makes me realise how we are not the people to give you advice lol!

Paul its not cowardice, see it from the others viewpoint, they may love us deeply but are looking at 40 plus years limited to our disability,
    Men are visual!
    And do you see how you've fallen into the very same sexist trap you set for me? how dare you accuse me of being so small minded and visual, you don't even know me in the slightest.

Oh, and I would not add a little LOL (as if to dismiss things) if I were you, this is not facebook, people here are normally deadly serious about what's going on just now.
    Last edited by Katana1000; 08-08-13 at 13:48.

if you don't think all women are just after money then I'm sorry for the misunderstanding and also sorry that in your experience it's whats happened to you

I think we are all visual to begin with male or female as this is what may attract someone in the first place but it's getting to know that person when the real attraction begins

I 'm a bit of a soppy old romantic at heart and do believe theirs someone for everyone it's just some people find them others don't and of course much harder to find that special someone when it's hard to get out and socialize

so hope everyone can and does find that person who is meant for them xx

[QUOTE=Katana1000;45385]
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo-dicca View Post
    Honestly reading through these posts it makes me realise how we are not the people to give you advice lol!

Paul its not cowardice, see it from the others viewpoint, they may love us deeply but are looking at 40 plus years limited to our disability,

And do you see how you've fallen into the very same sexist trap you set for me? how dare you accuse me of being so small minded and visual, you don't even know me in the slightest.

Oh, and I would not add a little LOL (as if to dismiss things) if I were you, this is not facebook, people here are normally deadly serious about what's going on just now.

Oh dear............................................

Quote Originally Posted by louisehutch View Post
    I know it's early days but I fear at only 30 I will spend my life alone. 3 years ago I was a nice size 12/14 but in 3 years due to lack of mobility and comfort eating my weight has ballooned.
    At 30 you are still young and at this age a lifetime of experiences still await you. None of us know what the future holds for us, always remember being with a group of friends aged 18, wondering what the next decade held for us. Roll on 40+ years and the results have been surprising.

I've always thought it ironic that in a painful breakup, that the person someone would normally turn to for support is the very person who has caused the pain, and that can hurt very deeply.

For the moment your world feels as if it has blown apart and will never be the same. But time is a great healer, and during that time part of the recovery process will be turning things over in your mind to see if there was anything which could have been done differently. It only becomes negative behaviour if you continue to dwell on those things you have no control over. At some point in this mulling over process you may decide there are some things you want to change in your life. Write them down, and slowly let any plans develop.

It's early days and things are feeling raw just now. Be kind to yourself as you adjust and make your way forward.