Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Independent Living Fund

Yes I am registered with gas and elecrticity to get the disabled persons tariff;;;;;

Quote Originally Posted by treborc View Post
    I'm not saying it's right, but sadly that's the rules and yes BG is going to put gas up 18% and elecrticity 16% but of course you have registered with the gas company that your disabled and then getting the disabled persons tariff.
    British Gas don't have this anymore do they ?

Account removed
    Yes they will place you onto the lowest tariff by law, they cannot under the law disconnect you not matter what until they get a court order. It's worth doing just for the protection

Thanks for that, I rang over 12 months ago now and was told that they no longer have it. I will ring them Monday. Thanks

Thanks treborc thats great

Well I have just rung British Gas and received NOTHING oh I am on their HOME ENERGY CARE REGISTER which means if there is going to be power cuts etc. then I will be rung to see if I am ok.

As my husband works I am not entitled to any Home Warm Discount.

My husband tries his best to carry on working when it would be the easiest thing in the world to give up and just rely on benefits. We get NOTHING because he works and puts into society.

I am so angry

Account removed
    I did not know your husband work because the cut off limit for funding is £15,000 and they do include DLA when counting this threshold.

Every year I get £60 off one of my winter bills thats split between gas and electricity, if something goes wrong and I cannot pay my bill, they cannot cut me off or you now your registered.

Its so annoying treborc as he doesn't earn much and we just live in our over-draft. Having no holidays, meals out etc. etc. I know there are people far worse off than us, but it gets on my wick from time to time.

I am unable to have the house how I need because he works and we cannot afford the £25,000 bill

Anyway, I should stop moaning now

thanks t

British Gas - interesting . . .

Our 'Essentials Combined' package includes our social tariff, to help our existing vulnerable customers who qualify for our 'Essentials Safe and Sound' but are also on a very low income and claiming means tested benefits.

To find out more about 'Essentials Combined' call us free on0800 072 7100
    (If you are a Pre Pay customer, please call 0800 294 8604)

http://www.britishgas.co.uk/products...programme.html

I think someone's beat me to it with the above link.

Our Essentials Programme offers a range of products, services and advice for our most vulnerable customers with different needs.

Around 340,000 customers on our Essentials discounted tariff will receive a £50 credit on their winter bill.

We have taken this step because we understand that things are difficult for many customers at the moment - particularly older and disabled customers on a very low income.

That is why we promised to hold prices for Essentials customers throughout the winter, and is why we are now offering this one-off payment of £50 to give our Essentials customers some extra help following the recent extremely cold weather.

Essentials customers can call to talk to us about the £50 credit, or any other enquiries they may have, by calling the freephone number: 0800 072 8625.

Perhaps it's time to shop around for a better deal and lock in . . .
    http://www.comparethemarket.com/ener...aspx?vck9=true

Home insulation guide - FREE GRANTS . . .
    http://www.homeheatingguide.co.uk/warmfront-grants.html
    Last edited by Lighttouch; 11-07-11 at 19:59.