Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Housing Benefit Challenge Dismissed by High Court

Housing Benefit Challenge Dismissed by High Court

They lost then - but vow to fight on!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23503095
    Sea Queen

I really hope this gets overturned at appeal. With each little "win" this government gets more cock sure of it's self and attempt to turn the screw further.

Obscene judgement. What's next in the UK?
    How about employing children as chimney sweeps (or the modern day equivalent).
    Are there still 'workhouses'? Bring them back.
    Food stamps ... a great idea from our US allies.

Blackball did you watch The Mill last night? We are going back down that road if not careful!
    Sea Queen

Did not see that but it is clear to see what is happening.
    These Tories do not care they will retire to Bahamas with off shore accounts.... and still get the yearly heating allowance. No place like the UK

Sorry I could rant on and on it. Is just wrong. Who is voting these morons in power? ( something like 1940's Germany is happening again )

Quote Originally Posted by Blackball View Post
    Sorry I could rant on and on it. Is just wrong. Who is voting these morons in power? ( something like 1940's Germany is happening again )
    I couldn't agree more

Too many people believe the drip,drip tripe of the Daily Hate(aka Mail) It is the oldest trick in the book,divide and rule.Sadly it is working.Take a look at the Dail Mail forum,it is full of hate and spite.Why aren't these people mad at the bankers and/or Govt? Answer,because they are drip fed with lies and nosense every day.

vikstar
    This ruling is absolutely ridiculous !!!, how can it be deemed discriminatory that a disabled child has to share a bedroom, even though they cannot due to their disability, then on the other hand state that it is not discriminatory to deem that a disabled adult has to share a bedroom, even though this may also be precluded due to their disability ?

What has age got to do with it ? Disability Discrimination is what it says, disregarding the age of the disabled person being discriminated against. In other words, on the stroke of midnight of the disabled child's 18th birthday, they can then share a bedroom, and are no longer being discriminated against ? ? ?, Utter Tripe !!!! (Yes, I know it is the age of 16 as per HB regs)

This Judge Law has been dithering with this decision since the 17th May, IMO he is simply passing the book, and I will be very surprised if this judgement is not overturned at the appeals court, just as Burnip,Trengove and Gorry was.

Cases like this are the true reason behind the governments insistence that we must withdraw from The ECHR, they just use cases like prisoner votes, and deporting extremist, to gain public support.

The full ruling can be read from the link below.

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/QB/2013/2213.html
    Last edited by vikstar; 31-07-13 at 09:33.

vikstar