Thread: ESA Question

xjpopfanx

ESA Question

Hi all, I have a question in regards to my ESA claim.

I applied for ESA a while back. On April 16th 2013 I received a letter on April 16th saying that they could pay me ESA from March 12th 2013 and I'd get £56.25 a week (I'm under 25). On April 18th I received a letter telling me fill in the work-related capability assessment questionnaire to which I did and posted. I've read this is usually followed with an interview to see whether you get put into the work-related or support ESA groups (and have heard it is very difficult to get placed in the support group) however I've received no correspondence ever since apart from a change of address form since I changed my address on April 15th and on June 18th I was paid £187.72 (£93.86 per week) and then the following payment on July 2nd was £243.30 (£121.65 per week) and it has been £243.30 ever since. According to the government website payments are up to £106.50 per week so I've no idea why I'm getting £121.65 or what group I'm in or what is going on. Any ideas?

i would telephone the dwp office dealing with your claim where you will need to ask a few questions.

1 - are you in wrag or support group of esa

2 - if in support group then how long for.

3 - are you getting Income related benefit or Contribution based.

4 - ask then to confirm things in writing of your award etc.