Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to go?!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Where to go?!

Hi all.

Next year, I'm turning 27 & more importantly, on the same day, my partner will be turning the big 4-0..

Does anybody have any idea of where is nice to go in mid-late November for me & my partner to celebrate our joint birthday? Ideally we'd like to go abroad, but we wouldn't rule out somewhere in the UK.

A weekend in London, see a show etc? Or how about the christmas markets in places like Germany? Not sure what to suggest without knowing your tastes etc.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I recently went to Brugges,which was lovely, and in brochures I have seen pics of it in winter looking really pretty and sparkly!
    Unless of course you wanted somewhere warm?

It is big birthdays for myself and my partner next year as well. I will be 50 and my partner will be 40, (my toyboy, lol). Not sure what we are doing to celebrate yet. Hopefully a nice couple of days away somewhere, my birthday is right near Valentine's day, so maybe somewhere romantic. We also have his parents 40th wedding anniversary and his brothers wedding, so a busy year!
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I have the big 5-0 this winter, the bf had the big 4-0 in feb

Quote Originally Posted by flowerangelx View Post
    Hi all.

Next year, I'm turning 27 & more importantly, on the same day, my partner will be turning the big 4-0..

Does anybody have any idea of where is nice to go in mid-late November for me & my partner to celebrate our joint birthday? Ideally we'd like to go abroad, but we wouldn't rule out somewhere in the UK.
    Well being November the days are short and there's a chill in the air. A popular winter destination for sun are the Canary Islands- about four and a half hours flight away.http://www.weather2travel.com/climat...anary-islands/

Pueto del Carmen on Lanzarote might suit. It's a volcanic island with black sand, hot but with a nice dry breeze. It isn't brash or over developed like the Costa Del Sol in Spain. The villas and apartments are low rise and flowers bloom all year round. There are a few tours to go on that are very different from any other island - a week is perfect.

If you want something like Blackpool in the sun try out Playa De Las Americas in Southern Tenerife.

Check out the accessible apartments http://www.disabledholidaydirectory....atering-at110/

Vegas is great if you want to party. Its very accessible, although a long flight.

Closer to home, how about Paris. Romantic, and if in a wheelchair you get good deals on the Eurostar.

Paris might be a better idea than Vegas..our budget pretty much £700-£800 for the both of us.

We both like a drink(we go out once a month..if that.) but are not interested in clubbing(I can't get around to go clubbing..booo!)

My partner would prefer somewhere warmer..we were maybe thinking Turkey, but I'm not sure. :/

I don't know if this is useful to you but travelling on the Eurostar with a wheelchair user is excellent and includes various discounts.

You can travel return in Business Class for around £140 for two if one is in a wheelchair. This compares with about £170 return in standard for one person. With Business Class you get the lounge, meal, drinks etc.

I'm not a wheelchair user, neither is my partner..

Good ol' crutches or if my painkillers decide to work, a walking stick for me.