Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blue badge

Paulandcaz

Blue badge

Hi , we have just been approved a blue badge for a child that we foster , unfortunately we are going away on Saturday and won't get the badge by this time . We were wondering if we have any option to either pick the badge up or is there a temporary version that we can get to use while away ? Thanks in advance

Unfortunately there is no temporary solution, you'll just have to wait until it arrives.

If you park on private land (supermarkets, shopping malls etc) then they can't enforce the bays, so you can park in them without a badge - but be careful.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

ASDA impose fines down her, so as Paul says, be careful

You could try calling your local council and see if they can rush it for you? It's got to be worth the phone call.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

My friend sent off the payment for his first Blue Badge, rang them a week later and they confirmed they had received it OK. It's now over 2 weeks since he spoke to them but there's still no sign of his badge.

He could ring them and chase it up

Has the money been taken from your account? The badge will be sent soon after that.

I was one of the first people to get a new designed blue badge. I assume you've actually been interviewed, had your foster child's photo taken at the interview where they will also take your money.

They email your child's photo and signature to a country wide unit who will post back the new badge usually before an old one expires. In your case I think it best to phone them up and ask if they can fast track it. The local authority no longer produce them so there's probably some poor clerk chained to the desk slowly processing the whole countries supply of Blue Badges which have all sorts of security features built in so they can't be forged.

Mine took a week to come after having had my photo taken and a day before my old badge ran out.

Good luck and hope all goes well.

Cornwall Council still do ours LT

Hi AP, sorry to disappoint but all Blue Badges are made at one central point due to the complex holograms, colour and black and white photos, matt and gloss laminating. Then they are posted direct to the customer not back to the local authority as it saves time.