Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re any return to work training schemes availiable

Diligent

Red face Re any return to work training schemes availiable

Hi i would like to know if their are any return to work training schemes available i would like to do office work or computer shop i think just because someone has health probs they should still be able to work partime to increase income ect its so boring staying home when u could be doing something useful i say?

Anyone done anything in particular and need info please advise.

Diligent.

Have you tried your local college to see what adult learning courses they do?

Account removed
    Quote Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
    Hi i would like to know if their are any return to work training schemes available i would like to do office work or computer shop i think just because someone has health probs they should still be able to work partime to increase income ect its so boring staying home when u could be doing something useful i say?

Anyone done anything in particular and need info please advise.

Diligent.
    You need to ask to speak to your disability officer at your local job center, the fact is going to a college these days is fine a basic training course on computers and office systems will cost you about £1,600 and basic adult course can cost you £450 just for a basic course.

Mind you if your disabled and need training you will get an education grant and then go to a group which might be run by your local council or it could be run by Remploy or other providers.

Otherwise these providers can charge.

Going to your job center seeing the disability adviser does not mean your looking for work, they will help you get the training you need.

But if you go it alone then you may have to pay.

retraining

Check this out . . .

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Disabled...ork/DG_4000377

As mentioned you might find that gaining qualifications in the area of work will give you the edge when applying for jobs.

Your best way into work is through volunteering initially as you can add activities to your CV when applying for jobs.
    http://cv.monster.co.uk/

Join a 'Temps' agency or at least visit one to see what employers are looking for.

http://www.reed.co.uk/Job/SearchResu...ID=18970781919

You'll have to 'market' yourself. It's not so much 'give us a job'. Employers are looking to see 'what can you offer them in terms of benefits' eg a flexible worker, gives 110% commitment, has a positive attitude. If you have the 'right attributes' to begin with then they will train you at their expense to bring you up to speed.

As you're disabled contact Job CentrePlus 'Access to Work' team. They can offer support like taxi fares to and from work if you don't have your own transport and can't use a bus. Check this out . . .
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Disabled...mes/DG_4000347

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

they keep saying there is support for people on benefits, i have been trying to better myself keep looking for jobs/courses i have tried everything to try and help myself its not easy trying to get support, if you been out of work for years with just basic skills who will employ you i have mental health problems im so depressed not doing anything you cant even get unskilled work these days you have to supply cv what do you put on it when you been out of work for years, i think the government should do apprenticeships for the over 40s whether disabled or not many people get made redundant abd cant get a job and have to change careers if you go to the job centre they dont help you they force you to do what they want as they get commission finding you work this government STOP giving money to other countries and look after the people entitled to help , no wonder we are in double dip recession any advice from anyone where do i go from here ???

Quote Originally Posted by kassya3 View Post
    they keep saying there is support for people on benefits, i have been trying to better myself keep looking for jobs/courses i have tried everything to try and help myself its not easy trying to get support, if you been out of work for years with just basic skills who will employ you i have mental health problems im so depressed not doing anything you cant even get unskilled work these days you have to supply cv what do you put on it when you been out of work for years, i think the government should do apprenticeships for the over 40s whether disabled or not many people get made redundant abd cant get a job and have to change careers if you go to the job centre they dont help you they force you to do what they want as they get commission finding you work this government STOP giving money to other countries and look after the people entitled to help , no wonder we are in double dip recession any advice from anyone where do i go from here ???
    Kassya3, sorry to hear about your situation. Let me know which town is closest to where you live and I'll see what kind of support is available.

Regarding CV - look at your 'life skills' can you cook, drive, budget for bills, food etc, are you raising a family.

Don't get worried - there's always a solution - it's just knowing where to look.

Happy to assist.

]Kassya3, sorry to hear about your situation. Let me know which town is closest to where you live and I'll see what kind of support is available.

Regarding CV - look at your 'life skills' can you cook, drive, budget for bills, food etc, are you raising a family.

Don't get worried - there's always a solution - it's just knowing where to look.

Happy to assist.[/Q
    Last edited by kassya3; 03-05-12 at 23:59.

Thank you for your response i live in the bexley area kent, and i really dont know where to turn im to worried to go to the jobcentre as i have heard some awful stories of what they do i cant afford to keep being stressed but i do really want to do something i even applied to voluntary you never hear back from them yet they are always begging for people to help, even if i do voluntary i still have to inform them and they will still stress me its to much hassle that why i would rather do paid work. kind regards kassya

Try Next Step at www.direct.gov.uk/nextstep

they are set up by the DWP to help get you training.

i am still waiting for them to ring me from 4 days ago they said would ring back 24 hours nothing - what do you put on a cv if you havent worked for a long time , and they want your last employers for references and its a few years since you have worked my last 2 employers probably dont go back that far and are retired