Thread: Hello all , again advice needed

Hello all , again advice needed

Big hello to all

I am back to ask some advice please;

A friend of mine has just lost his tribunal to go on esa. He genuinely has Depression and has to have regular appointments/Injections because of a bad back.

Today , despite having a ' sick note' until the 3rd August , he received a letter telling him that ' they' had cancelled his sickness benefit on the 4th July !! ( NOTE TODAYS DATE) He phoned them up and they just said they had reviewed his case in light of failing the tribunal. They said he had to sign on for Job Seekers and suggested he went to a food bank as he would not be getting his money this week !!!

They're all heart, these people.

As he 's effectively been left destitute contact you're Local Authority (Social Service dept - maybe) should be able to get some help there, housing costs or crisis payment of some sort perhaps.

RE: ESA/JSA, if the decision he was appealing is 6months or more old he may be able to reapply for ESA, see his GP to support a new application also contact CAB to get fully advised of this situation as I have no personnel experience of this to draw on.

Wow , and thanks very much for this much needed advice. Yes , he is completely destitute , his money was due on Friday ! I will get him to join this page ( it has saved my sanity). That way he can post and see the answers . Thanks again