Thread: Payment while appealling wrong ESA.

Payment while appealling wrong ESA.

Is it true that only £30 p.w. is paid while appealing?........surely not.
    The more I learn about ATOS the more depressed I become.
    So it goes against if you can even arrive, get to second floor etc. This just has to stop.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...-after-1340838

sorry to say its fixed the system is set up so you fail just by going to the so called interview,my nurse said"its unlikely you have heart failure"just by looking at me?questions are used against you and whatever answer you give will count as a fail,if you can walk in you can work their words

So you are ill, they say your not. You are not well enough to go to WRAG and you then get no money.
    There is only E.R. left. (no doubt this is being cut too).
    There will be more people going to hospital, using SS etc. The Doctors will be overworked.

Account removed
    Then Spitfire why are lots of people not failing, not everyone fails, lots of people win on appeal or with reviews.

I thought more people were being denied benefit, or having to go through a lot more formality to get less.
    Of course some will not fail.
    But more will do fail to prove their disabilty than before........that is the aim. It is more invasive than ever.
    They are not paying out more.. that's for sure. ATOS has targets and it has to keep clients, in this case the Tory Gov happy, by cutting costs.
    Look at their 'proud' annual report. There's no concern for the disabled.

Blackball, you seem to be reading too many bad news reports on ATOS and the assessment, and getting yourself more and more stressed out by it by the day. It's true a percentage of people initially fail the assessment for unfair reasons and/or badly done assessments and the system isn't perfect. But there's thousands of people who pass the ESA assessment every week. More people pass first time without an appeal than fail.

Would advise you to stop reading all the bad press and concentrate your time on the positive of moving forward by reading and understanding the descriptors. And if you're going to use an advisor getting that in place. If you keep going down the negative road you're going to make yourself more ill than you already are.

Thanks for advice.
    I did have an awful time getting anything for many years and I fear it will be same again but worse.
    If there were a chance that I could survive on DLA .............I would. Until that goes.
    Trying to fit in, get a job etc turned me into a wreck.
    The physical problems I have since childhood were then overshadowed by severe mental problems. and these persist

The 'problem' that I have is that at times I almost might appear just fine.
    But I will take your advice.