Thread: Starting an Appeal..

Starting an Appeal..

Hi.. After 2 months of waiting I finally got my letter today telling me I had failed my medical (surprise,surprise) Do I have to be nearly dead to pass this (probably) I am waiting on 2 operations for carpal tunnel in both hands, a hysterectomy and have a seriously overactive bladder, not forgetting my depression (is it any wonder I'm depressed)!! How can I be fit for work!! Anyway please can someone tell me what I have to put in my appeal so that I still get the basic rate money and my housing benefit..

Thank You

Sparky64

Hi Sparky sorry to hear that like dave said need to fill out the GL24 and maybe talk to the CAB they help a lot of people. I just wondered if you had been put in the work group and not the support group? and thats what you meant?

And contact your local council re housing benefit to let them know you're appealing an ESA decision and will still need it.

Also an idea to ask the DWP to send a copy of your asessment report so you can see how they've made this decision. Be prepared to get a report that's ignored some or all of the information you gave them regarding your condition.

Account removed
    Can I ask how much evidence you sent in for these issues.

No not put in work group I didn't get a single point.. I have a copy of my medical report which is utter rubbish, quite a few fibs in it, she hardly gave my overactive bladder (which has ruined my life) a mention other than to say she doesn't think causes a problem.. I would like to see an ATOS worker put up with it, going to the toilet continually I can go to the toilet then immediately need to go again, wetting myself I don't go anywhere unless I know there will be a toilet nearby. In the report she put things like mrs ****** "states" she can't do this or "states" she can't do that, which seems to me she thinks i'm lying.. Having a hysterectomy doesn't seem to be a problem for them either nor carpal tunnel syndrome, nor my depression!!!
    I gave them hospital appointments admission dates etc ATOS are a bunch of intensitive t*****s!!

Sparky