Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Our Adoption journey....

So good to hear some great news! Best wishes for the future.

Paul, due to my background I am not going to congratulate you as I don't know you or your wife but getting through the system is an achievement in itself and you have been deemed suitable to be parents.
    Whether you will make good parents only time will, now is the real test to be suitable parents and that will be your biggest achievement. Then I will congratulate you.
    All a child needs is love and you will be rewarded beyond your dreams.

Hi Wobble, I'm not really after any kind of congratulations, I merely wanted to express how happy my wife and I are and that even with my disability (which I was very nervous about) we have finally been approved.

I remember you saying about your background in earlier posts.

I know that the coming months are going to be very hard, but I have no doubt that when we see our little girl we'll finally be able to give her the love and attention that she deserves.

Friends and family all say that I would make a perfect dad, I don't think there is such a thing but I'm happy to give it my best shot.
    The house has already become child safe, we really can't wait to decorate her bedroom and fill it with toys. We don't want to spoil her, but there's no doubt she will be if not by us by our families.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Lovey news so pleased for you both, the age you are approved for will give good ground to help the chilld to recover from any trauma or attachment issues they may have.
    Lots of love understanding and patience wil see you through. x
    Sea Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Hi Wobble, I'm not really after any kind of congratulations, I merely wanted to express how happy my wife and I are and that even with my disability (which I was very nervous about) we have finally been approved.

I remember you saying about your background in earlier posts.

I know that the coming months are going to be very hard, but I have no doubt that when we see our little girl we'll finally be able to give her the love and attention that she deserves.

Friends and family all say that I would make a perfect dad, I don't think there is such a thing but I'm happy to give it my best shot.
    The house has already become child safe, we really can't wait to decorate her bedroom and fill it with toys. We don't want to spoil her, but there's no doubt she will be if not by us by our families.
    I get the feeling you have taken some offence, as mine is the only post you have replied to.
    Why that is I have no idea.

No offence taken, I was busy yesterday and so had no time to reply to all the thanks.

Paul
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

We know you are not seeking congratulations Paul. We are privileged you shared this momentous news with us, and are so happy for you. You are doing a wonderful thing to offer a loving home to a child in need.

Wobble, I don't think Paul took offence, he probably just wanted to reply 1:1 with you.

So pleased for you , your wife, and also for the child they choose to send you

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    No offence taken, I was busy yesterday and so had no time to reply to all the thanks.

Paul
    Good. I wasn't raining on your parade, just mindfull of adoption issues that arise after acceptance.
    It goes without saying that I wish all the best for you both and your child, God knows all every child needs is a loving home and family.

Many congratulation Paul and wife. I hope your family is soon complete and everyone is happy and secure.