Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chronic fatigue syndrome rosie rgains independence following tga mobility scooter win

Quote Originally Posted by wobble1 View Post
    That's why they wanted to change CFS to CFIDS , chronic fatigue immune deficiency syndrome, as it better described the illness.
    Viral infection seems to be the most common trigger, directly or indirectly through contamination, such as blood transfusion etc.
    The last I heard was it was some adaption of HHV6 which is part of a family including the AIDS virus. One thing for certain is it's not a MH problem, although the DWP advise ATOS it is likely to be a MH issue
    Certainly the blood test for ANA (anti nuclear antibodies) indicates all immune deficiency illnesses, including HIV/Aids. However, the same test is for Lupus, Sjorgens (unsure of spelling), MS etc.

I don't know if they have changed the name to CFIDS, I certainly have referred to it as Fibromyalgia, although this kind of only indicates painful muscles and not the multitude of other crap that goes with it .

If, as you say DWP are advising ATOS it is a mental health issue, I wonder if this is why my Medical Report seemed to be based upon depression! I don't have depression, hence why I have lodged a formal complaint to ATOS (still awaiting on this, it's been 7 weeks now.

Can't give you a link but if you google dwp guidelines for atos. The section dealing with fibro makes gruesome reading and is a total disgrace, it's like going back in time. It basicaly says that atos should always consider that this is all in the mind

Whats in a name ?
    I just wish more could be done once I saw a new DR and she said about cfs then said oh sorry do you prefer ME I said don't care what you call it I would "prefer " it to go away

Quote Originally Posted by acheron View Post
    Whats in a name ?
    I just wish more could be done once I saw a new DR and she said about cfs then said oh sorry do you prefer ME I said don't care what you call it I would "prefer " it to go away
    LOL. A friend of mine tells people she has an unknown illness, because it is. These names they give it is purely for the reason that it is unknown but for medical purposes it has to have some title.