Thread: IIDB stopped without notice, so worried

IIDB stopped without notice, so worried

Hi everyone, please be patient i am a newcomer and very distressed.

I checked my account yesterday to find that my industrial injuries payment had not been paid in, I called them and was told that my assessment ended on july 10th and it was clearly stated in my acceptance letter 2 years ago.

They advised that my JSA should automatically reinstate itself when payments stop

I explained that my medical/reassessment is not until 8th August, but they said that the file had been sent to atos back in may and they can do nothing about the appointment schedule.

I am also on JSA but the IIDB is deducted from this, i receive 21.30 pw

I also receive DLA care and mobility which is due on 9th august

I contacted job centre but they say it can take up to 5 weeks for it to be sorted, by which time i would have had my medical, so effectively there is nothing they can do..

I am so very worried, i cannot cope on 21.30 for the next 5 weeks - my DLA will go towards my mortgage payment.

any advice please where i can go from here

Bump . Can anyone with knowlege help this poster?.

My knowlege on beenfits is limited so can only suggest contacting CAb or DWP to get a food voucher for one of the foodbanks in your area , or your local council who may be able to help with Tesco vouchers etc for food, or asking at the Job Centre how to apply for a hardship allowance until your money is sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouslyfedup View Post
    Bump . Can anyone with knowlege help this poster?.

My knowlege on beenfits is limited so can only suggest contacting CAb or DWP to get a food voucher for one of the foodbanks in your area , or your local council who may be able to help with Tesco vouchers etc for food, or asking at the Job Centre how to apply for a hardship allowance until your money is sorted.
    I'm not completely clear as their is a little confusion over dates.
    If JSA was deducted from IIDB then if IIDB has stopped their JSA should have automaticaly gone back up.
    It appears that this is a JCP (and also poss a ATOS) mistake and as such JCP have the power to restore it in days not weeks.
    My advice is to push JCP to sort it.