Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there anything positive at all about ATOS

Hope no one thought I was being smug those six weeks were some of the worst of my life and not looking forward to it again

it's the criteria that's wrong it doesn't take into account many things that can hold a person back

Atos have been around for a while. Approx 3 years ago, I went to an Atos 'medical', was seen by a real doctor and judged to be unfit for work and that my IB would be continuing.

That was before this big benefits shake up and different directives and descriptors coming into play, and before they had thought of ESA.

Now migrating to ESA from IB, but the same descriptors don't apply and still waiting for the verdict.

It's not actually the Atos staff that are to blame for this situation, but those who are working them from behind.

vikstar
    "if you are ill/disabled and “meet the criteria” "
    I have seen this type of comment many times, and it never fails to cause upset.

At best, it is naive, ill informed and thoughtless. If not, I would wonder at the motives of anyone who would make such a comment, as it is inflammatory.

I would not advise anybody who is initially placed into the support group without a F2F to get complacent, many people have been, only to then be found fit for work at the next reassessment where they had a F2F.

It should be obvious that some people so blatantly qualify under one of the support group descriptors, that not even the DWP or ATOS would have the audacity to deny them. However, for the majority, it will not be overtly obvious whether or not the limitations caused by their medical conditions qualify them under one of the support group descriptors.

So, to more or less state that "if you are ill/disabled" you will be given the correct award, is rather silly to say the least. It is nothing to do with being more ill and disabled than the next person, it is showing how these illnesses and disabilities qualify you under the descriptors.

This is the fickle form of assessment that is now forced upon all claimants.

It used to be, if you were too ill to work, you were classed as unfit for work, and given the corresponding benefit, that is no longer the case, being classed as unfit for work only places you into the WRAG.

What about people with severe MH problems ? can they just fill in the ESA50, return it, and rely on ATOS making the correct assessment ? I think not.

The ESA50 is confusing and trap laden, it does not even quote the descriptors as they are laid down, so anyone who is ill informed regarding the WCA process, or has learning difficulties, and simply fills it in as read, is more or less throwing themselves at the mercy of the ATOS assessor and the DWP.

As the introduction of The ESA WCA, which is a bio-psychosocial model of assessment devised by insurance companies to help them deny claims, was purely a cost cutting exercise, who would want to leave themselves at the mercy of the DWP or ATOS.

We must also remember that ATOS developed the LiMA software programme for the government, Oh, and then what happens, ATOS are given the contract to carry out the assessments using their own LiMA software.
    Last edited by vikstar; 18-07-13 at 11:48.

Quote Originally Posted by acheron View Post
    Hope no one thought I was being smug those six weeks were some of the worst of my life and not looking forward to it again

it's the criteria that's wrong it doesn't take into account many things that can hold a person back
    Hi Acheron. smug - not at all, you really went through the mill. I was speaking to Richard re him sounding a big smug. Please don't be offended hon.

If the condition is on mental health grounds you are more likely to be seen fit for work?
    If you can sometimes drive then you are automatically thought fit for work?

Quote Originally Posted by susieboots View Post
    Hi Acheron. smug - not at all, you really went through the mill. I was speaking to Richard re him sounding a big smug. Please don't be offended hon.
    Hi Susie I wasn't offended but when I re-read my post I made it sound so simple wrote esa form out, sent it off , support group

and we all know it's not so simple so I was worried that I may have upset others who have had f2f and bad judgement from atos

all we can do is keep fighting our corner xx

Too true Acheron. We will fight the good fight x

ATOS employees.
    Yes they are puppets to a certain extent with targets to meet. But then there are some who enjoy their job too much, there are those who pretend to be your best friend and then stab you in the back by telling lies.
    It has to come down to a matter of conscience. Would you be a puppet or give up a £43,000 job ?

It is ATOS job to not pay out. Sure they are two faced. Worse than the worst traffic warden.

I'm sure there are some bad apples in ATOS employ. We've all seen the examples and follow the news and current affairs. I spent 25 years in management before resigning through illness and I've met, and worked with, my fair share of jobs worths, incompetents, liars and slimeballs. However I still stand by the premis that ATOS employees are target and Policy driven and those targets are set by the DWP.