Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there anything positive at all about ATOS

Is there anything positive at all about ATOS

Has anyone gained anything, or is somehow better off after an ATOS assessment.
    We only ever hear the many bad things

I sent them all the information they required, a while later told that I will be in the support group without having to go and jump hoops at the medical, if you are ill/disabled and “meet the criteria” you will be told you are unfit for work.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    if you are ill/disabled and “meet the criteria” you will be told you are unfit for work.
    I dare say there are many on this site, including myself, who will be offended by that statement. Maybe you could clarify.
    The main activity on this site and similar is about people who are ill/disabled being told they are not

Of course we are only going to hear of the bad side of ATOS assessments but I feel that we don't hear of more as many just accept DWP decisions.

Congrats! Great to hear something positive. By 'criteria' you mean using key words and 1 to 10 scale assessments?

I just wrote out my esa50 form to the best of my ablity didn't send in my supporting evidence as I got that after the form was sent

don't know if anyone was contacted ie consultants/gp

six weeks later support group no medical

I think you'll find on this forum quite frequent "well done" and "thank you for the help, I've finally been awarded ...."

Plus we can kick ATOS all we like. It's the welfare Policies that are the issue. ATOS is just just one of the tools to enforce the Policies.

Quote Originally Posted by wobble1 View Post
    I dare say there are many on this site, including myself, who will be offended by that statement. Maybe you could clarify.
    The main activity on this site and similar is about people who are ill/disabled being told they are not

Of course we are only going to hear of the bad side of ATOS assessments but I feel that we don't hear of more as many just accept DWP decisions.
    I also find that statement offensive and would also be interested if he could follow up with some clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Tatty_Tat View Post
    I think you'll find on this forum quite frequent "well done" and "thank you for the help, I've finally been awarded ...."

Plus we can kick ATOS all we like. It's the welfare Policies that are the issue. ATOS is just just one of the tools to enforce the Policies.
    My feelings exactly TT.

I also find the statement a little offensive. We are fighting for our rights, nothing more. Just think about those who cannot walk, or hold a conversation (I have someone in mind when I say this), and have been awarded Nil all the way! You have to wonder at the integrity of the assessment training.

Sorry Richard, but it did sound a little smug.

if you are ill/disabled and “meet the criteria” you will be told you are unfit for work
    I was told that I was fit for work and got ZERO points.
    Now for the long Tribunal waiting game ..............

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen1959 View Post
    I was told that I was fit for work and got ZERO points.
    Now for the long Tribunal waiting game ..............
    Hi Stephen wishing you all the best for the tribunal