Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Try To Look On The Bright Side

Try To Look On The Bright Side

Reading the tone of the posts, too many of us are feeling angry and bitter with life and how we are actually being treated and also how we are percieving others are treating us.

Please for those of us whose glass is struggling to stay half full will you either move to a more politically biased site or just search deep for your jolly gene and LIGHTEN UP!

There is so much shit in the world, if you are on a computer now then it is highly unlikely you know the meaning of the word deprived so get a grip and get on with it!

Oo that's harsh! Please spare a thought for those who have found 'friends' on this site and feel comfortable talking about their bad days. It can make a huge difference to someone's life.

I always look on the bright side and fill my time with good things, however, it's not so easy for a lot of people. They also offer valuable advice and support.

Deprivation does not mean people can't own a computer! Most likely purchased when times were more affluent.

Did you get out of the judgemental side of the bed this morning?

Agree with Susieboots! Computers are sometimes the only link some people have to the outside world, especially when they are disabled.

DW I sometimes say "I live by a river, anytime you are passing, drop in!" I know I stole this line from someone's script - can you throw any light on it?

i do not always agree with others opinions, be they political or otherwise. But, they are entitled to their opinions, just as you are entitled to yours.
    Also, computers are a vital link for some people. They may have been gifts, as mine was, or could be cheaper 2nd hand or even bought on hire purchase etc. I think it is a harsh judgement to say people do not know the meaning of deprived just because they have a computer.
    Deprivation comes in many forms and it is not always linked to possessions.
    I spent many years deprived of care, family, close friends etc. To be deprived of good health and the ability to live a life that feels meaningful is also something that is shared by a lot of people on this forum.
    I try to stay positive and make the best of my "good" days, but we all have times when things get too much. This could be due to health reasons, financial or lack of social life. This forum is a place where we can say how we feel, "vent our spleen" and also help, advise and hopefully make a difference.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

great post babyblu deprivation comes in all types of form xx

Ditto babyblue, couldn't have put it better. This is after all a 'community of and for disabled people'

Thanks acheron and susie. Hope you are both having a nice day
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I am having a relaxing day in the garden, got my lappytoppy under the brolly, a cup of tea and feet up. What are you all doing?

We were going out today to some local gardens, but I am feeling pretty exhausted and in some pain. So I think I will probably stay home and rest. It has been a busy few days, partners birthday, decorator round etc, and we are visiting family tomorrow.
    Glad you are relaxing and enjoying the sunshine susie, don't get sunburnt.