Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Shopping for a new Car

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    I am back home now, I tried to make a post last night but for some reason I could not get connected to this site. I will try to answer some of your questions.

The very worst Dealer was Hyundai, this was where I was told that he could not help me and to go to another Dealer.

The Dealer who showed me two cars and then said that they were not on Motability was Honda.

The other two which were not interested is selling were Mitsubishi who said that they were going to stop selling Motability and Mazda who were completely indifferent.

I was not really brave as I had my 6 foot 4 inch son with me as support. If I had required it he would have had a nice quiet word but that was not necessary as I just walked away.

So yesterday I decided to start off with the Dealer of the Car that I already have, Renault. I walked into Ness Motors and stood getting my breath back. Within a minute along came Waldon, I recognised from 3 years ago, and he welcomed me and said that everything was ready. He led me to a nice comfortable chair just a few feet away and we settled down for a chat.

What a difference to yesterday, he took his time and went through all the cars explaining and answering all my silly little questions. In the end one stood out for me and Waldon arranged for a test drive. 20 minutes later I was driving around Inverness in a Brand New Renault Scenic. It is a bit shorter in length to the Grand Scenic I have but it was very roomy indeed. It also had Start, Stop Technology and this felt funny at first but I soon got used to it.

We arrived back at the Dealership and we were soon seated sipping at a nice cup of coffee and a biscuit. We chatted a bit more and before I knew it, I found myself ordering the Renault Scenic as my next car. I had all the necessary paperwork including my Wife's Driving Licence and within 10 minutes it was ordered. The colour is to be Damask Red. For all of you interested here is the list of the gadgets & Details of the Car.

AP....£595 Delivery Date Estimate is 13 October 2013, this is the day before my present contract runs out.

Keyless Entry & Push Button Start
    Automatic & Electronic Handbrake, very handy for me as my left arm is not as strong as it used to be.
    Cruise Control & Speed Limiter
    Dual Zone Climate Control
    Blu-Tooth Connectivity
    Automatic Lights & Automatic Wipers
    Tinted Windows
    Parking Sensors
    TomTom SatNav
    Daytime Running Lights & Front & Rear Fog Lights
    Start Stop Technology
    ABS/EBD & Hill Start Assistance with Break Assist
    Electric Heated & Folding Wing Mirrors
    Radio/CD Player with 6 Speakers
    Heated Rear Window
    Front, Rear Curtain Air Bags & Front Lateral Air Bags
    Leather Steering Wheel

I arrived home about 11am and my wife is delighted with what I did as am I, so happiness all around.
    I would still make a complaint against the Hyundai dealership to Motability, as that is very poor customer service and Motability need to know so they can act on it. These dealers need to realise that we are customers, just the same as ones who buy the car from them themselves, we deserve good customer service.

I have to admit Kodiak I found some dealers also 'disinterested' in our recent surch for a new mobility car
    Sea Queen

Quote Originally Posted by sea queen View Post
    I have to admit Kodiak I found some dealers also 'disinterested' in our recent surch for a new mobility car
    In my experiences of going to dealers, some back off if you mention Motability. Some are helpful, although I always get the impression they would rather you were buying it from them yourself, rather then Motability. I find getting test drives of automatics the hardest, as they never seem to have any.

I don't mention Motability until I want to order.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Some dealers make massive assumptions as soon as you enter the dealership, whether you are going with Motability or not. Being in a wheelchair, and buying a car privately, I've seen dealers assume a) the car can't be for me b) I couldn't possibly afford it or c) I'm only interested in their smallest car in the range.

Not all dealers are the same, and I have had some excellent service. However, if I do encounter bad customer service I go elsewhere, pointing out why and making sure they know what I eventually purchase

New car getting closer as I received a phone call from the Dealer asking me to come in to get my present car MOT'd. So this means that on Tuesday next I need to make an 240 mile round trip, (120 miles there and 120 miles back).

So a overnight stay will be required, this means I will also get a night in a hotel as the 240 miles is just too far for me. Not too much of a problem though as my wife will do most of the driving and I just sit back and watch the scenery.

Now that it is less than 2 months to go, I am starting to real excited about receiving my new car in October.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

I wish my wife would let me stay over after driving 120 miles!

I have done a round trip to London (490 miles) in a day, thankfully it causes too much pain so I don't ever have to do it again. Although I still do drive straight to London, all 245 miles in one go.
    Even if she shared the driving I'd be grateful, but she doesn't like motorways - like I do!
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

It is not a case of my wife letting me stay overnight, it is more like she won't let me do anything else. I have no choice in the matter so I just smile and say, "Sure we will stay the night and get some shopping in as well". Happy wife equals Happy me.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe