Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shopping for a new Car

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Shopping for a new Car

Well the day has come and tomorrow I am making the long trek down to Inverness, about 120 miles. I plan over the next 2 days to visit at least 8 different Car Dealers. I am staying in a hotel for two nights and am making a mini holiday of it. Hopefully by the time I get back home I will have my New Motability Car ordered.

Silly I know but I am getting quite excited and I am really looking forward to visiting all the different car dealers, I will post here what car I decide on.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

Hope they have a demo available on the day. Don't forget your driving licence.

Thanks for the reminder re Driving Licence.

As to the Demo Car, I have been on the phone for several days booking a time slot at different dealers and they are all expecting me. They all will have a car for me to test drive and some have said they will more than one model.

I will be spoiled for choice.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Thanks for the reminder re Driving Licence.

As to the Demo Car, I have been on the phone for several days booking a time slot at different dealers and they are all expecting me. They all will have a car for me to test drive and some have said they will more than one model.

I will be spoiled for choice.
    Sounds like a fun couple of days

Well... Not the first day. Makes me sick to my stomach to think of how ignorant those dealers sounded..

Good luck. I stay in Nairn, so I will have been to some of the dealers you are going to. I have been to Hawco who were helpful,Ness Motors were ok but didn't have many cars to test drive. Vauxhall were helpful, but again didn't have many cars to test drive. Nissan were alright but felt the sales guy was a bit patronising. This was some years ago, so maybe they have got better.

Quote Originally Posted by CTCELT88 View Post
    Good luck. I stay in Nairn, so I will have been to some of the dealers you are going to. I have been to Hawco who were helpful,Ness Motors were ok but didn't have many cars to test drive. Vauxhall were helpful, but again didn't have many cars to test drive. Nissan were alright but felt the sales guy was a bit patronising. This was some years ago, so maybe they have got better.
    Yes I am going to all of them and Arnold Clark, MacRae & Dick, Corrie Motors and Bannerman. I was going to Seafield Motors but when I phoned them they said that they did not do Motability even though the Motability site says that they do, strange.

Thanks Firebird I aim to have a great time, a real Mini Holiday, staying at a Hotel, Good Food and viewing Cars, I will be in Heaven.

Off to bed now as I have a very early start in the morning, my son is coming around at 8am, shhesh I have not been up this early for a long time, and he is to be my carer for while I am away. So a Father and son bonding session as well, all good fun.
    Last edited by Kodiak; 15-07-13 at 20:42.
    Edgar Allen Poe

Have a good time! Enjoy.

Really pleased for you. Hope you find a suitable car for your needs. It's a long way to go though - does this mean you will also have to travel this distance for service etc? Or will you have a dealership locally?

Deleted
    Hope you enjoy your car hunt Kodiak