Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how are we all managing in this heatwave

Question how are we all managing in this heatwave

with this heatwave just wondering how people are managing to cope.

yesterday i had to go to my new property and basically could not stand outside the front as it was burning. any thing i seem to do i am simply sweating cogs and have to keep changing my clothes which keep getting drenched through.

with the medical condition i have, got to drink lots of fluid in case of dehydration, told to do this by my care nurses.

well plenty of cuppas now as the heatwave is only set to continue.

Curtains closed here - we are living like bats! lol Fan on all night so sleeping well enough. Like you drinking plenty. The cats struggling bless him he's 14 yrs old and has taken to sleeping in one of the spare bedrooms - we have closed the curtains for him to keep the sun out. heard a couple of reports of internal double glazed glass cracking - thought to be by the heat?
    As we are retired we can pace ourselves more than people who have to work.
    Sea Queen

Different to most, I am loving it and sleeping like a log. Suits me down to the ground.

Hi Mikey not so good like you dehydrate very quickly so taking in plenty of fluids which is making me sweat more which in turn is making my stoma bag not very secure so leaking and skin very sore and got to keep skin covered if out in sun due to high doses of azithoprine so all in all fed up xx

I prefer hot weather to cold and dry heat to humid heat. I've got my shorts and t-shirt on and all the windows and ac door is open. I'll be going out wearing a day glow green polo shirt and buff coloured cargo shorts. Well I attract attention anyway so I'm not that fussed if I glow even more! Sadly my car goes in repair for two weeks tomorrow so won't have the luxury of air con in the car when traveling.

I spent most of yesterday outside and now have sunburn, heat rash and loads of freckles! I'm keeping hydrated by freezing bottles of water overnight..best thing ever!

Patio doors are constantly open. Plenty of tea and cold drinks and fan is on full

Downside is flies are coming in all of the time and yesterday evening we were plagued by moths and daddy longlegs once the sun started to set.

Poor dog is feeling it worst. She cant find anywhere comfortable to lie and has given up searching and flaked out in the middle of the living room

Loving it, especially as I have a week off next week.

A cold beer sitting in the garden.......perfect

We bought a fan especially for our dog. It has come into use again this year. She loves laying in the breeze it makes.

What heat wave..........