Thread: Operation Disable the Disabled

robmcd85

Cool Operation Disable the Disabled

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself and an article I have just written. My name is Rob McDowall and I am an Equalities and Human Rights Advocate and Blogger and Chair of an LGBT charity. I am disabled myself and have a number of conditions which cause me significant problems. I am fed up of the current benefit fiasco and the way the Government are slashing benefits for those in most need and I have written an article over at the charities blog at https://www.lgbtnetwork.eu/operation...-the-disabled/, I just wanted to share it with you all and touch base as a new member.

Any comments on the article and likes/shares on Facebook, Twitter etc would be most welcome as I would like to get as many people involved as possible.

I look forward to getting involved on here more and getting to know some of you.

Kind regards,

Rob
    Attached Images

This was very interesting reading.

Thank you for posting.

Hi, a very interesting read, and obviously a topic to the forefront of all disabled people at present. However, whilst I applaud your extensive vocabulary, as an Equalities Advocate, have you actually published this in 'plain English' for those who do not possess your admirable talent for words?

Account removed
    I do not mind fighting the political fight, but ATOS of course had it's contracts from one New Labour and Tony Blair.

Welfare reforms are totally New Labour.

Although PIP's are Tory, Gordon Brown made a statement in 2009 that of all the benefits he saw DLA was a completely wasted benefit and meaningless, he then tried to end it for pensioners, then disabled people then people in care homes, yes PIP's has serious problems at least the Tories are giving us a chance labour would have just ended it.

I'm not to sure reading through the site and the comment how many disabled people you think have a degree and would understand some of your terminology, it made me look twice.

Sadly the way the EU and the world is at the moment I think in ten years time disabled people will be back to where we were before Blair, at the bottom and I do not think the public much care.

Quote Originally Posted by treborc View Post
    I do not mind fighting the political fight, but ATOS of course had it's contracts from one New Labour and Tony Blair.

Welfare reforms are totally New Labour.

Although PIP's are Tory, Gordon Brown made a statement in 2009 that of all the benefits he saw DLA was a completely wasted benefit and meaningless, he then tried to end it for pensioners, then disabled people then people in care homes, yes PIP's has serious problems at least the Tories are giving us a chance labour would have just ended it.

"I'm not to sure reading through the site and the comment how many disabled people you think have a degree and would understand some of your terminology, it made me look twice."

Sadly the way the EU and the world is at the moment I think in ten years time disabled people will be back to where we were before Blair, at the bottom and I do not think the public much care.
    Sorry, but, I don't have a degree and I understood it perfectly.