Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: feeling blue

thanks again guys I now have a job title I was one of the first to have a drug while it was on trail and the first at the northern general to have another drug so my new job is CHIEF DRUGS TESTER FOR THE NORTHERN GENERAL HOSPITAL ON A VOLUNTARY BASIS

not only does it sound clever but also sounds very charitable too xx

Hi Susie I think I'm getting a little paranoid we see what the papers say about benefits and now I think everyone looks down on me stupid I know can't help being ill and most folks are good people and probably wouldn't think anything of me being ill and like you said most people might not even know whats happening to us I didn't even know until the letter come about the change xx

Quote Originally Posted by acheron View Post
    Hi Susie I think I'm getting a little paranoid we see what the papers say about benefits and now I think everyone looks down on me stupid I know can't help being ill and most folks are good people and probably wouldn't think anything of me being ill and like you said most people might not even know whats happening to us I didn't even know until the letter come about the change xx
    Believe me Ach, I am totally on the same page as you on this. I am getting paranoid now about who knows I receive benefits. Where I live, the subject has never arisen because my neighbours are few and far between (very rural), but I do now have a new next door neighbour who is disabled, and he spoke to me about his money and benefits, and I was hoping and praying that he didn't ask me if I was in receipt of benefits (how strange is that), so I was just responding with things like "I realise it must be very difficult trying to survive, but let's look at what you can do, I will help with any advice I can".

It's not that I am ashamed to be in receipt of benefits (I have after all worked all my life and am only taking what the Government say I am entitled to), it's only the same as receiving your State Pension at the end of the day! It's people's pre conceived ideas of 'disabled' and what that entails - why are we so afraid of other people's opinions?

p.s I don't feel like this today, or on many days, however, there are times when I do.

thanks again guys I now have a job title I was one of the first to have a drug while it was on trail and the first at the northern general to have another drug so my new job is CHIEF DRUGS TESTER FOR THE NORTHERN GENERAL HOSPITAL ON A VOLUNTARY BASIS

not only does it sound clever but also sounds very charitable too xx
    Love it ................................... 20 character thing

Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    So today housewife, tick that off the list and say something else next time, someone asks....... work down Blue Badgers list, not going to say cheer up blue days are a fact of life we all have them.... be very worried if we did not have them
    Retired. That's all I say.

Tell people you are a writer. If you put all you posts together there is enough dribble to be a Jackie Collins novel (Joke)

Oh and BTW get over yourself asap, it doesn't suit you.

Quote Originally Posted by wobble1 View Post
    Tell people you are a writer. If you put all you posts together there is enough dribble to be a Jackie Collins novel (Joke)

Oh and BTW get over yourself asap, it doesn't suit you.
    Hi Wobble over it already not a whiner normally and I can talk dribble for England xx

Hi Wobble over it already not a whiner normally and I can talk dribble for England xx
    Flippin' good job.........and don't do it again or you'll get a clip round the ear

don't think they will spoil me they just avoiding me I not usually very girly so I don't think they know how to cope with a weepy woman but tbh not sure how to cope myself

but I'm not as bad now when life gives you lemons make lemonade but I think I will squirt mine in Ian Duncan smith's eye LOL
    p.s I think I'm back
    Glad to hear it A

Quote Originally Posted by seriouslyfedup View Post
    Glad you're feeling a bit cheerier Achreon. Next time say you're retired, plenty of people take early retirement from work due to health reasons, so it's a valid answer, regardless of age.

I say retired so people think I'm rich because I'm only 41 LOL