Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: feeling blue

feeling blue

Hi guys I'm feeling very low today

yesterday I had a phone call some one doing a survey they asked me my occupation and to my own shock and horror I blurted out that I was a house wife not that I've got anything against house wives but I'm not one or would ever be one

I think I was ashamed of being ill which is stupid never been ashamed before just got on with what life gave me

before all this esa crap I stopped watching TV news and stuff because it just upset me soilders getting killed people losing their jobs so stop watching until coming on the internet to see what it was all about

I thought my war was with my illness turns out thats just a small battle the real war is with peoples attitudes towards me
    I've always had a positive attitude and always been a fighter but today feel like giving up

sorry to have blabbed crap at you all but I'm going from very sad and upset to very angry I'll just blame it on hormones thanks for listening

Quote Originally Posted by acheron View Post

yesterday I had a phone call some one doing a survey they asked me my occupation and to my own shock and horror I blurted out that I was a house wife not that I've got anything against house wives but I'm not one or would ever be one

I think I was ashamed of being ill which is stupid never been ashamed before just got on with what life gave me

before all this esa crap I stopped watching TV news and stuff because it just upset me soilders getting killed people losing their jobs so stop watching until coming on the internet to see what it was all about

I thought my war was with my illness turns out thats just a small battle the real war is with peoples attitudes towards me
    I've always had a positive attitude and always been a fighter but today feel like giving up

sorry to have blabbed crap at you all but I'm going from very sad and upset to very angry I'll just blame it on hormones thanks for listening
    hi acheron, that is so sad that your feeling so low, but please dont beat yourself up, your illness is not your fault. most of my friends are able bodied, and all your hear from them is self centred crap about how shit their life is, and julie next door just had a new suite i want one , then i log on to this site and read caring and positive feedback from people who themselves are suffering , a great example was the post by tess, the response especially from you ladies to that was heartwarming. so i think i know who i would prefer to be in the trenches with anyday. xx

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling blue.

I'll tell you a little story about assumptions and me.

As I've been physically disabled all my adult life people may have made assumptions about me from first impressions. I wouldn't call myself a snappy dresser and the sort of industry I worked in didn't call for a dress code. Even the Director would wear jeans and an open neck shirt - they were only interested in results.

So even though I was in full time employment people would assume I didn't work or couldn't. So I realised that actually the problem lies with them not you.

I don't work now but I do voluntary work for organisations that are run and controlled by disabled people as a board trustee.

In fact I'm going to a board meeting today.

I'd suggest that you'd feel better about yourself if you tried to help other people worse off than yourself to help with whatever skills you have.

I've not worked for two years now so at last when people look at me and think he doesn't work they are right - it's taken 37 years before they got it right.

So don't feel blue a role does not define who you are.

Check out this website and learn more about the disabled movement - you are not alone.

http://gmcdp.com

think we will have to have a blue corner as i was feeling pretty low last night with an infection, as BB says cuppa and bics

Thanks guys so sorry to be putting s&*t on you we all got problems and I know it sounds like I'm feeling sorry for myself but I'm not ,yes I wish I was healthy but it's not to be and I just roll with the punches (usually )

and it's not that I'm feeling sorry for myself now it's just that I'm feeling angry and upset about all the bad press we're getting why do people think we've got it good ?

constant pill popping , painful hospital tests , pain and misery every day and for what people to treat us like scum just because their out working 37 hours a week if they want to swap 24/7 feeling lousy for 37 hours hard labour I'll take it

I know not all people believe in the media spin but those that do should think them selves lucky that their healthy

anyhow thanks for all your kind words xx

Acheron. There's never a need to apologise to us. You're preaching to the already converted. Share your highs and lows with us

I'm a 49 yr old man and I had a little tear in my eye yesterday when I read a facebook status from a niece taking her sisters kids to the seaside for the day. The best I can manage is 20mins sitting on the bench in the back garden before pain forces me back to my sofa with feet elevated.

My tear was one of guilt. I know my wife and daughter would love a day at the seaside but they never hint or complain and put me first. So even tho' I'm ill, when I'm feeling down I just have to look around me to remind myself I'm the luckiest man I know.

Hi TT thanks mate

I know I'm lucky had my kids one before I got ill one when the hospital cut it out of me (crohns ) so I have them and their my world and as for my illness I don't usually let it get to me 13 years of diseased bowel and shed loads of op's but it wont respond to anything but I accepted that a long time ago

it's since I've been coming on the internet and seen how people are treating us thats got me down this morning I did nowt but cry and thats not me I never go down without a fight I think I need to get my anger back because all this wallowing is doing me no good

I can't express how glad Iam to have found you all and I promise no more mardy a&*ing xx

although i put some smilies on here, at the moment with a funeral only a day away i am absolute stressing, think waiting for a dwp decision is bad till people face this sort of thing, it seems nothing can compare and yes i have faced the dwp decision waits.

as for feeling off color, doctors have sent my sample off, wish i had gone a few days ago.

any way sorry for venting and feeling down here myself, will feel better over the weekend.

Well, I've been trying to think of some words of encouragement since I saw your first post Acheron. Have to admit that I don't think there are any, so all I can do is to be a virtual friend and support. The program on tv tonight by Nick Hewer and Margaret Mountford may give the judgemental public something else to consider alongside the never ending diatribe from the daily heil and the politicians. Gotta laugh though when the MPs are going to get rather a jolly pay rise! Or is that another reason to cry?

Mikey, hope you get the correct antibiotics and they work swiftly for you.

Quote Originally Posted by acheron View Post

Hello there Acheron

I'm sorry, I e only just seeing this thread. I feel bad because you are such a HUGE part of YA and always support other people, myself included.

I think you are an amazing person and I hope you're feeling better than you were this morning.

Lots of hugs

Andy xx