Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: am i on the right benefit

am i on the right benefit

ok i was unemployed after been made redundant, but my condition is getting worse and am going for a by pass in my leg, as i cant walk far like 15 yards and then pain in my legs and back, i also have c5/c6 disc prolapse affecting the lumbar region and a heart condition and asthma, i came off jobseekers as the hospital said i need an operation, i applied for ESA and have been awarded it but have to fill in forms now for medical support services, people say i should apply for DLA as well , i just dont know what to apply for , i have a car as well which gets me about for now, can someone help me out !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zolo View Post
    ok i was unemployed after been made redundant, but my condition is getting worse and am going for a by pass in my leg, as i cant walk far like 15 yards and then pain in my legs and back, i also have c5/c6 disc prolapse affecting the lumbar region and a heart condition and asthma, i came off jobseekers as the hospital said i need an operation, i applied for ESA and have been awarded it but have to fill in forms now for medical support services, people say i should apply for DLA as well , i just dont know what to apply for , i have a car as well which gets me about for now, can someone help me out !!!!
    It's not called DLA now it's PIP. The rules are a lot stricter now but that's not an issue, just get an application in and see what happens.

Account removed
    You can apply for DLA, and yes you will now need to go through the ESA medical.

You now need advice, I myself would go down to see the people at the job center ask for the forms you need and ask for a benefits review.

If you need more advice go to the CAB ask them to help you getting ESA and also DLA/ PIP.

if your having problems with housing then Shelter can help you including getting housing benefits and council tax.

the job centre was useless with information when i spoke to them about my conditions when i was on jobseekers, as it was friends who informed me to apply for ESA after the doctor at the hospital told me i was disabled and he even sent me a letter saying so, thats why im confused and dont know what help i can get

Well I'm confused now. You said you are on ESA already.
    I thought you were asking about DLA (PIP) forms

Account removed
    I think they were made redundant which would mean JSA, then were told to get ESA, and has been told about DLA which is now of course PIP's .

Obvious they need help now knowing how difficult it is to sort out all the benefits they may be entitled too.

So if the Job center/DWP is no good and your going to be dealing with this useless group a lot when you apply for ESA, I would say go to the CAB to get the help and advice, if you try to get ESA or PIP's your self without knowing the back ground of these benefit, you may find your self back on JSA

yes i am now on ESA and have to fill in more forms for medical support services, but only after friends had told me to ask dhss for the forms while i was on JSA as the dhss are not very forthcoming in what i might be entitled to

Hi zolo. Can you clarify what the form is called. Is it by any chance a medical questionnaire?

Have you completed form ESA 50 yet ???, with regard to what "might be entitled to" the DWP's view of this is 'nothing' they are dealing with everything now in a very negative way, you will have to fight tooth & nail for anything you can get.

hi suzie yes it is a questionaire