Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What music do you like

I have a wide variety of music taste:

motown
    blues
    rock
    some pop

Definitely not rap - it irritates me to the core

I have a few favourites: Robbie Williams, Adele, Tom Jones.

I adore iconic female singers with powerful voices: Shirley Bassey, Celine Dion, Barbara Streisand, Amy winehouse

And who doesn't love singing along to ABBA?

Pink Floyd, Queen, Black Sabbath, Curved Air, Led Zep.

Probably not so many current artists

spanishwoman
    Gary barlow,take that,muse,aele,5ive....

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    How funny as James is a Manchester band. In fact. Manchester can claim to fame a few golden oldies like Davy. Jones from the Monkees, Oasis, M-People lead singer Helen ....., . Simply Red lead singer Nick Hucknal, David Grey lived a mile away from my place.

talking of singing it's time to throw open the door and windows then take a refreshing cold shower while singing. Lucky neighbours. Lol

i think I'm more of an Indie lover but I enjoy big band and soprano opera, Cold Play - very varied!
    hi light, lived in manchester for a few years in early eighties, loved it, remember the days of the hacienda, happy mondays, stone roses, james. great days.

I listen to almost anything.

Not too keen on Ska or screamy music(If I can't understand the lyrics, I'm not listening to it.)

My preferences are: Metallica, Motorhead, Muse, Judas Priest, Bruce Springsteen, Queen, The Clash, The Who, Pete Doherty, Bob Dylan..

Quote Originally Posted by acheron View Post
    sit down sixchips I love james and also love the stone roses xx
    hi acheron, wow im impressed two of my favorite bands especially james, top girl.xx

The Hacienda has gone but lives on in name only at the same site but it's now posh flats.

There are plenty of gigs going on in Manchester from Arena style that take tens of thousands of people to intimate venues where the numbers are under a hundred.Nice choice Flowerangelx I have Bob Dylan's Desire album on vinyl and a number of Who albums. If you're into lyrics some 70s style Elton John music had great lyrics written by Bernie Taupin.

Music and singing is good for you - we should organise a party at my place. All bring a dish and a bottle and you can crash out at my place.

Katana, I'm impressed how you've got the youtube video to view on screen. I'm putting you in charge of the visual effects at my place and bring a quiche. Nice choice too.

No Probs, I'll bring my guitar too, can just about able to keep up with my arthritic fingers!

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    The Hacienda has gone but lives on in name only at the same site but it's now posh flats.

There are plenty of gigs going on in Manchester from Arena style that take tens of thousands of people to intimate venues where the numbers are under a hundred.Nice choice Flowerangelx I have Bob Dylan's Desire album on vinyl and a number of Who albums. If you're into lyrics some 70s style Elton John music had great lyrics written by Bernie Taupin.

Music and singing is good for you - we should organise a party at my place. All bring a dish and a bottle and you can crash out at my place.
    I have a lot of Bob Dylan albums. Rare, obscure etc. My entire album collection has definitely reached the 1,000 mark.

Party? Time, place & date! I'll bring the music collection. :P