Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are my shorts? What's your favourite summer clothing

Where are my shorts? What's your favourite summer clothing

Well summer has arrived and we'll be having a scorcher week.

In these conditions I don't mind meeting my public wearing shorts, t-shirt and trendy casual shoes. Typically I can only find three pairs of swimming trunks, cycling shorts and my knee length dark blue shorts have vanished without trace.

Looks like I might have to do some on-line shopping to buy another pair

I spend 3/4 of the year in shorts

I love wearing shorts (not easy with having a catheter bag strapped to your leg eh BB) but I suppose it's like everything in our lives - we adapt, improvise and most definitely overcome

I had a VERY embarrassing time yesterday. I had new flooring fitted and after the guys had left my washing machine wasn't working so I called the shop and the owner came straight out, it was something very simple and he was gone within 10 minutes. I was only when he had gone that I had forgotten I was hanging loose and my catheter bag - complete with urine in it, of course was hanging BELOW my shorts !!!

To say I was embarrassed was an under statement !

Not stopped me from wearing my shorts though, I will just be more careful when I hang low next time - cringe !

Quote Originally Posted by Blue-badger View Post
    "Meeting my public.." Love it! Should I be practising the Royal wave?
    T-shirts are my favourite because it makes dressing a lot easier!
    Should it be 'my public and I' - I wonder.

Well let's face it I already attract attention wherever I go so a little bit more won't rock the world.

I must admit I tend to favour things that are easier to put on so polo shirts and t-shirts are ideal. It took me ages to track down shorts that felt right, were a colour I could live with and didn't fall down. With me having less feeling on my left side and my left upper and lower limbs don't work as they should - I have found myself in the supermarket or coming out of the theatre only just realising that my pants are about to plummet to earth. It was quite funny one time coming out of a busy theatre exit I realised that my trouser belt wasn't tight enough and my trousers were about to part company with me. Suddenly this young woman ran up to me and said 'need some help? I said yes and she yanked my trousers up higher and I fastened the belt tighter.

Our faces were about six inches apart and I just said 'we'll have to stop meeting like this before people start to talk'. She smied and I smied before going on our way.

So a near disaster was turned on it's head and ended with a brief encounter with someone who made my day.

I prefer thigh-length dresses(well, they are supposed to be knee length but I'm 5ft 8 and have long legs) and leggings..I have scars on my legs so hate getting them out.

I shoul think you look very pretty and feminine. There's nothing wrong with showing your scars as it just proves that you came out of an accident or surgery.

Iv have scars all over my head, cheeks and va six inch zip scar up my neck that is very visible.

So keep cool and wear what you feel comfortable in.

PS Your Avitar photo makes me think of the singer Florence and the Machine. Now she's tall and has a fantasy eclectric mix of stage clothing.
    http://youtu.be/tpsDegqioVA

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    I shoul think you look very pretty and feminine. There's nothing wrong with showing your scars as it just proves that you came out of an accident or surgery.

Iv have scars all over my head, cheeks and va six inch zip scar up my neck that is very visible.

So keep cool and wear what you feel comfortable in.

PS Your Avitar photo makes me think of the singer Florence and the Machine. Now she's tall and has a fantasy eclectric mix of stage clothing.
    http://youtu.be/tpsDegqioVA
    Unfortunately, they are not scars I can be 'proud' of, and were self inflicted at the time..all my other scares, I see as beautiful(like from accidents etc), but not these ones.

I adore Florence Welch! She is certainly one of my idols when it comes to hair/make up/dress sense, so thanks

Light, I've just had a glitch with one of my tablets and put on over a stone in 3 days, all fluid so huge amount and nothing fits!, most people would think i'm mad when i say currently I'm 4 stone overweight, cos my base weight is 23 stone, but it's such a nuisance this constant up down is meaning i have a wardrobe for all sizes, but you know its the throw away me which i get so cross about cos I throw away stuff as its either so small or large that i think i'll never be that size again and then i wake up and hey presto, nothing to wear!

Flowerangelx, I have an extremely rare and obvious illness, the result as you can tell from the above is huge storage issues with me being vastly obese, not from overeating from my bodies inability to stop storing and its inability to clear its by products.

I have no mental health issues for which i am eternally grateful, but I have to say that some times its difficult to understand your reaction to your own self harming. I dont see scars as anything but a sign of illness, be that a mental health issue or from surgery, scars are nothing to be proud of but also nothing to be ashamed of. Maybe your ability to accept them would help you realise that "it's" pointless (in this case it meaning to continue) but I dont know, is self harming a cry for help and if so shouldnt you be showing them?

From a personal viewpoint, everyone I meet thinks I have an overeating disorder and judges me on that basis, I truly feel that there is no difference between myself and someone who does have an eating disorder, we're all ill, but i have to tell you that the general public on the whole treat me as a second class person and I will never stop the fight to highlight to them that it is them with their pig ignorant views who have the problem not me!

love your attitude boo x

I wear dresses in the house cause it's more comfy with the stoma but feet are always cold so still wear thick socks so I look a right numpty

Flowerangelx, I have an extremely rare and obvious illness, the result as you can tell from the above is huge storage issues with me being vastly obese, not from overeating from my bodies inability to stop storing and its inability to clear its by products.

I have no mental health issues for which i am eternally grateful, but I have to say that some times its difficult to understand your reaction to your own self harming. I dont see scars as anything but a sign of illness, be that a mental health issue or from surgery, scars are nothing to be proud of but also nothing to be ashamed of. Maybe your ability to accept them would help you realise that "it's" pointless (in this case it meaning to continue) but I dont know, is self harming a cry for help and if so shouldnt you be showing them?

From a personal viewpoint, everyone I meet thinks I have an overeating disorder and judges me on that basis, I truly feel that there is no difference between myself and someone who does have an eating disorder, we're all ill, but i have to tell you that the general public on the whole treat me as a second class person and I will never stop the fight to highlight to them that it is them with their pig ignorant views who have the problem not me!
    I am also overweight, but apparently carry it fairly well. I was diagnosed with Bulimia when I was 19(over those demons now, i'm very glad to say) and also self harmed at that point. It's something I struggle to accept about myself. My boyfriend, on the other hand, has said I SHOULD be proud of the scars as it's something I USED to do but have overcome.

I wish I could adopt some of your attitude towards it