Thread: Wheelchair accessibility on London buses

Wheelchair accessibility on London buses

Hello all!

My name is Raquel and I'm a Master's student at University College London. I am working on wheelchair accessibility on London buses, and would love to hear comments on what problems are most commonly faced, or what aspects of the system could be improved.

(We are also looking for volunteers to help us in our study - I have posted information on this thread: http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...ility-Research)

Thanks, I really look forward to hearing your stories!

Quote Originally Posted by RSVelho View Post
    Hello all!

My name is Raquel and I'm a Master's student at University College London. I am working on wheelchair accessibility on London buses, and would love to hear comments on what problems are most commonly faced, or what aspects of the system could be improved.

(We are also looking for volunteers to help us in our study - I have posted information on this thread: http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...ility-Research)

Thanks, I really look forward to hearing your stories!
    There are buses outside London you know

Quote Originally Posted by wobble1 View Post
    There are buses outside London you know
    Oh, absolutely! I would love to hear those stories as well. I ask about London particularly because that is where I am based, and the group of engineers I work with have on hand a standard TfL double-decker and thus can modify it to test different changes. Should have made that clear, sorry! Please do share any other problems one might have with buses!

Thanks for the link! The campaign is taking off slowly, though, and we are trying to work around other problems as well, such as ramp inclination and securing straps. We're hoping to improve other things the users believe need to be worked upon.

I personally have found them to be great. Drivers very helpful. Can't think of any improvements needed IMHO