Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Calling debbee, calling deebee :)

  1. #1
    Senior Member andypandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Calling debbee, calling deebee :)

    Hi Deebee

    Hope you don't mind me posting this here for you, but I really wanted to know the answer. I just saw this on a thread you had posted in. I have put my question at the bottom and it is already on the thread anyhow.

    Thanking you

    Originally Posted by deebee
    am I missing something here?
    I don,t understand why you have to claim ESA in the first place
    Do you receive carers allowance?
    If so, surely you are entitled to Income support?
    I myself am too ill to work, but at the moment am spared all the srtesses that come with claiming ESA as I receive carers allowance,which entitles me to income support and I don,t get asked to look for work.
    Hello deebee

    Hope you are as well as poss today

    Hope you don't mind me asking but I claim Income Support because I am on my own and am in the process of changing from IB to ESA. Do you mean I don't need to claim ESA as my IS will be topped up anyway ?

    Would you mind clarifying what you mean please hun ?


    AP x

    PS if anyone else knows the answer feel free to jump on in

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Hi Andy
    Hope you're doing ok I don't know exactly what's right I never claimed IS when I was on IB people I know who did said it was a top up rather than their main benefit i think IS is also going over to ESA too. I thought carers allowance was for people who cared for others not benefit for themselves again don't quote me others on here probably know more on it. Hope you hear soon about your esa andy, maybe look on the gov site and see if anything is on there.
    Hope the antibiotics helped and you're all better now take care x

  3. #3
    Senior Member acheron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Hi Andy I think deebee gets carers allowance for looking after someone with care needs so carers and income support

    you should get esa with IS top up I think

    Hope you're well xx

  4. #4
    Senior Member deebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Hi, AP, Acherons answer is spot on

  5. #5
    Senior Member andypandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Thanks everyone,

    I never noticed the bit where deebee mentioned carers allowance - doh !

    I am much better thanks freedomeagle, hope your well yourself

Similar Threads

  1. Local Service compliance officer house calling
    By reddevilggg in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-07-14, 09:17
  2. Calling powered wheelchair users - national survey - give your views
    By Chris_Rica in forum Surveys, research requests and TV programmes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-14, 10:13
  3. Calling all uk parents and grandparents for new tv series
    By AnnaStudioLambert in forum Surveys, research requests and TV programmes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-09-13, 17:02
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21-02-13, 09:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts