Thread: Picking up new car on Sunday

Picking up new car on Sunday

We are picking up the Kia Sportage, which we hope will be as reliable and economical as the Vauxhall Zafira. It's certainly a leap of faith as we have had a Vauxhall for more than 30 years. I will let you know how things go from time to time, this is a tremendous site and the help and advice found here has been invaluable.

How will we survive without a vuaxhall?... Eek!

I am sure you will love your Kia. I love the Sportage, and would like one next year when I change my car, but can't afford the deposit. I have to choose a vehicle with nil deposit these days.

The Kia should be massively more reliable than the Vauxhall so I wouldn't really worry about it.
    You'll probably get better economy too.

I had a go in a KIA the other week OMG it went like "s**t off a chrome shovel" enjoy !!! LOL

I have the Kia Rio2. I love the car but now find it is too low for me, so I am researching other cars for next year.

Susie, keep an eye on the deposits, they may change by the time it comes for you to order. We tried just about every SUV available and the Kia stood out from the rest for us. We have managed to get just over 47mpg from the Zafira in 3 years, (we left the average mileage on from day 1) which I think is very good indeed. Apart from some recent misfortune with a broken screen and a flat tyre the Zafira has proved to be remarkably reliable, only once did it let us down. We had a faulty alternator a few weeks ago and that led to a flat battery, but frankly that can happen with any car. There is little opportunity for the Kia to MORE reliable, but time will tell. As for MPG I will be happy if it matches the Zafira. Can't help thinking I'm being unfaithful here though...lol

Quote Originally Posted by ironica View Post
    Susie, keep an eye on the deposits, they may change by the time it comes for you to order. We tried just about every SUV available and the Kia stood out from the rest for us. We have managed to get just over 47mpg from the Zafira in 3 years, (we left the average mileage on from day 1) which I think is very good indeed. Apart from some recent misfortune with a broken screen and a flat tyre the Zafira has proved to be remarkably reliable, only once did it let us down. We had a faulty alternator a few weeks ago and that led to a flat battery, but frankly that can happen with any car. There is little opportunity for the Kia to MORE reliable, but time will tell. As for MPG I will be happy if it matches the Zafira. Can't help thinking I'm being unfaithful here though...lol
    I had the old version of the sportage 2.0l CRDI for 18 month, although diesel and the book stated 30-40 mile per gallon.

I was getting around 10-15 at best, 21mpg on a long run, terminated that contract early Worst car i've had, and worst customer service / after sales

Hi ironica. I also like the Zafira. My friends have had 3 now and I have driven them too. However, the sportage fits my needs better for getting in and out of.

We picked up the sportage and waved goodbye to the Zafira. It was good to hear the sales guy remark about the condition of the Zafira, looks like no problem with good condition bonus. Early thoughts are it is a very punchy performance -we will need to be careful we don't get speeding tickets! They threw in mats and £30 of fuel too. Looks are stunning of course, but it feels very comfortable. It's bang up to date with bluetooth connection and even a charger for iPhones.

Happy motoring ironica ...