Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Issues with Friends when Newly Disabled

Indeed. Not many people like to address this issue. Thank you for the vote of confidence there.

I myself am quite lucky. I met my partner AFTER my accident, just by pure luck. It can go the other way aswell..you meet new people who are much more understanding. x

Yes you sure do I got ill after having my first son my partner stuck by me and I got better for 3 years until it came back but when I was alright had my second son but well not got better this time 13 years but OH stuck by me we have different intrerests now because I'm limited with what I can do some relationships don't weather the storm xx

Hello ladies

What wonderful OH's you have. My disability split me and my husband up. I found out after that he had been having affairs for years.

I haven't slept a wink all night. I'm not usually wake at his ie of he morning. Got to be up at 7.15 too

Hi Andypandy don't get me wrong we've had our moments and if it wasn't for the kids don't think we would have lasted and maybe we won't last once our youngest has grown

One of the problems we first faced was that he thought my illness wasn't as serious as it is because when I first got diagnosed and had my first op I was fine after went back to work had another son so went it came back 3 years later and needed another op he thought I should have been fine

But it just kept on coming back and other problems started through the drugs anyway it wasn't until I nearly died that he realized that it was serious. The problem with crohns is that most suffers respond to treatments and ops I dont and you always get people saying crohns my friends got that she's alright

I also have associated conditions all my joints are inflammed and my eyes but again he found it hard to understand why my joints were so painful if its a bowel disease so again he thought I was putting it on which caused a lot of arguments

He understands it all now but like I said we've now got different intrests so who knows what will happen in the future but what ever it is we'll still be friends

Hope you get some rest today xx

Righty ho old chap I'm just off to make a coffee (butlers day off )

Its got to be the limo we had to lay the pilot off remember what with the crises we all have to do are bit were in it together after all xx

Chuckle. I know what you mean about being "posh". Although I was born in Leicester, I have lived in so many places - Germany, Essex, Spain, Lincolnshire. I have no accent, so I am perceived as being posh. I am not of course, just an ordinary girlie (coming up for 59 but yes still a girlie lol).

So sweetie, how about strawberries and champagne, well it is Wimbledon fortnight!

Hi susie strawberries would be nice but champagne YUK!! A friend bought us a bottle saying it's good stuff that it costs blah blah a bottle I said you've been ripped off mate it taste like s**t I'm such a classy broad ha!!

Chuckle. Ok, let's share a bottle asti spumante lol

I'll stick to Vodka or Jack Daniels..hate champagne. I'm just not posh enough!