Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone know any indigestion home remedies

anyone know any indigestion home remedies

Hi all I get lots of painful bouts of indigestion no heartburn just pain I take 40mg of omeprozole 300mg of ranatindine and gavisocone advance 4 times a day (sorry about spellings) I'm very careful of what I eat no salads avoid fatty foods ect..

anyone know any natural remedies that I may be able to take with the medication?

or any tips on preventing it?
    it's extremly painful I end up having to take extra painkillers to handle the pain and even when the pains gone my body feels battered and bruised for several days

Hi acheron. You could try peppermint tea, or chamomile tea. Also fennel and ginger are good for the digestive system. Try not to eat too much dairy or drink fruit juice as these make indigestion worse. Chewing caraway seeds is also good. Hope this helps a bit. You could try your local health food store if you have one, they usually have quite a few options.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Thanks BB64 I've tried peppermint oil and also ginger .But not the others so I'll give them a try.
    I don't have a lot of dairy as it sets my bowel off and only eat small amounts at a time but nothing seems to work

I read the other day that aloe vera works well,I ordered a bottle of the stuff from my fave online retailer lol, it tastes foul, am going to order the tablet form next time

with you mentioning pain along with acid spill just wondering if you have been checked for hernia as this is known to allow contents to spill and would also cause pain you mention.

worth checking out to rule out any hernia problems.

Hi Mikey I've had a hernia before just below the breastbone and yes the pain is very like what I had with that but no swelling like I had with the hernia and now the pain is going all round my back and upwards and it wont go for hours .

I had an camera down and there was nothing like ulcers just a bit inflamed but it's just getting worse.

I have a friend who said it sounds like what she went through with gallbladder but I don't want to question my DR's and ask if it could be anything other than just simple indigestion

And with me having crohn's it seems logical to put it down to that but I think if I went to the DR's with my arm hanging off they would try and relate to crohn's

I'm back at the hospital soon so I'm gonna be be brave and ask my consultant to check it out properly as I got enough gut pain without this on top

Just plain old council pop - - boiled water.
    I also buy Indian Brandy and put it in warm drinks - that also helps - and no it's not brandy as in booze.
    I was once told in Boots when I asked for it that they didn't sell it as it hadn't got 'Brandy' in errr yes I know that!
    Sea Queen

Hi acheron.
    I had a scan for similar symptoms, which my GP suspected was gallstones. The results came back clear. 2 years later, I was suffering terrible heartburn, indigestion and pain. My Gp arranged another scan. This time gallstones were confirmed. One of them was very, very big. Given the average growth rate, the consultant told me it must have been there for 10 yrs at least. How they missed it on the first scan I don't know. Anyway, I had my gallbladder removed a couple of years ago, the op was fine. Unfortunately, I still have all the same problems. Like you, I have IBD and other problems.
    I would say, get a thorough scan done. It could be the Crohns etc, but still get checked out. If it is gallstones or something else, discuss the options with your GP. I was not told that despite the removal of my gallbladder, that symptoms could continue. Apparrently, this is quite commom. It could also be a liver problem, so please see your GP.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Hi Babyblu64

Sorry you had your gallbladder out and still suffering with the pain I will speak with GP again but as you'll know DRs try and fit you into boxes but it's getting to much now and I'm trying to gain some weight as lost loads with ESA cr*p but you'll know how hard getting weight on is but if I avoid food because of this I'm just getting weaker thanks again for your help xx

Sorry to hear how bad it is for you acheron.
    I agree with the fitting us into boxes. My old GP always used to tell me that "it was my age", whatever I went to see him about. (He said this from when I was aged 30, lol.) It was tongue in cheek though. He was very thorough and always had time to listen.
    My previous GP in Cornwall, was not so helpful. He just used to tell me to keep taking my meds.
    My current GP, who I see rarely, is very nice, but does not really know me well enough. I am awaiting all my results from my M.O.T. at the moment. The nurse is convinced that the diabetes one will be positive this time. I am waiting until next week to make an appt with my GP, that way, all the results should be back.
    I hope you get something sorted soon and things settle for you, so you can at least get some rest. I know, for me, resting/sleeping are the hardest. It is almost impossible to relax when you are in constant pain.
    (((((((((gentle hugs))))))))))